Ideas on Market Value for a `94 Yellow GT 5-spd??

Talking to a person about buying this car. I think their asking price is a little high @ $7200 (Ok I'm a cheap SOB). Any thoughts on the overall market worth? I want to strike a good deal yet be fair.

Details as follows:

`94 Yellow GT

5 spd black leather interior yellow CD player 3:73 gears Flowmasters lowered 1.5in slightly tinted windows power sunroof (cost $1000 to install) 78XXX miles alarm keyless entry white face gauges

Minor problems with the car are a scratch on the right side of the hood and a tiny door ding on the driver's door probably from another car in a parking lot. As well has heavy wear on drivers seat (leather split). They have all maintenance records for work done to the car. Its oil has been changed every 2500 miles. Garaged up to a year ago. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I think asking $7200 is a little high as well. I'd tell him you'll give $6500 (low) and negotiate from there.

-Mike

is Mightier than the sword'.

Reply to
<memset

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:05:28 GMT, wrote something wonderfully witty:

He's a she and is rock solid on $6900 which I still think is a tad high. I think she has to much tied up in the car. She paid over a grand to have the sun-roof in and I think she is expecting to recoup her entire cost.

It may be all for the good anyways. I have located a `98 yellow Cobra drop-top for $12,750 that I want to check-out. Guy claims the car is super clean and has always been babied. He is also a tech at a ford dealership so I suspect he has took good care of it. The specific details are as follows:

VEHICLE INFORMATION Make: Ford Model: Mustang Year: 1998 Price: 12750 Mileage: 74000 Body Style: Convertible Color: Yellow Cylinders: 8 Cylinder Transmission: Manual Doors: Two Door Stereo: Unavailable Description: SVT COBRA CONVERTIBLE, 5-SPEED STICK SHIFT, 32 VALVE 4.6L V8, 305 HORSE POWER, 17'' COBRA RIMS W/ NEW TIRES, K&N AIR FILTER, ALL OPTIONS, BLACK POWER LEATHER SEATS, KEYLESS ENTRY, REAR SPOILER, DUAL EXHAUST, MACH STEREO SYSTEM WITH CD.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Oh sorry... SHE.. hehe.

I'd be looking to get that 98 Cobra rather than the 94 GT... of course.. many ppl say you'll be pretty much limited to 305hp or close to it... but then again 305hp is a *lot*. Plenty enough to smoke my 98 GT ;D. But anyway... that price isn't bad at all I think for the Cobra. Mileage is good... if condition is good then I'd probably go for it. I'm not a fan of yellow though. Good luck w/ your decision! And I think you're right a/b the whole sunroof, etc thing.. she put a lot of money into it & wants it back... gonna be hard to make that happen.

-Mike

is Mightier than the sword'.

Reply to
<memset

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:40:35 GMT, wrote something wonderfully witty:

I know about that "investment" angle. Every vehicle I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot) has had some level of money sunk into it to bring it to my specs. I have never ever gotten those monies back on a resale. It's like owning the most expensive house on the block. Sure it will sell, but it's going to take awhile and you have to attract the exact right buyer. I hope to go look at the Cobra this weekend. They guy lives about 4 hours from me and I am hoping we can set-up a meet halfway.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

That'd be awesome if the Cobra seller would meet half way... damn that's a nice car too (98 Cobra).

-Mike

is Mightier than the sword'.

Reply to
<memset