input please

Hello group... I just bought all my parts I think... I have an 88 coupe 5.0 auto.. I put 373's in already, a shift kit and off road exhaust... I was going to spray it but instead I bought gt40 heads & intakes trickflow stage

1 cam double timing chain bbk equal length shortys mac pulleys and adjustable fuel reg... am I missing anything else before I install everything??? are roller rockers a big improvement?? I just need to know what else I need (If anything) so I dont have to go back inside the motor a week later! Thanks
Reply to
IsellJeeps

Unless this '88 5-oh is a California car, it's running speed density. So if you want to use an aftermarket cam, you'll have convert to mass-air, or suffer an idle that hunts. Trust me... with the cam you'll want to switch to mass-air.

Roller-rockers, while not a big HP maker, are always a good idea.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

I forgot to mention that I did convert to mass air... Thanks

Reply to
IsellJeeps

I would talk to Trick Flow about their cam with your GT-40 heads/intake to see if it's a good match.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

I told the guy at mustang warehouse my set up heads intake etc... auto he said that the tfs stage 1 was the best cam for this set up??

Reply to
IsellJeeps