Insurance???

Question about insurance. I have a 2004 GT. I live in Sacramento, CA. My 6 month insurance rate is about 1260. The break down is: I live in a high insurance area, my deducts are 500/500 (Has to be for the banks. 500 for collision/comp) I have a clean record (No accidents, no tix ever) I am not married. To me, this seems extremely HIGH. The lowest I have found is 1094/6months. Does anybody have experience with insurance in this area? I figured that by the time I was this age (30 in dec) I would have somewhat cheaper insurance. This is more than I was paying when I was 18 driving a slightly modifed V8 firebird.

Brian

Reply to
dsuperbee

I too live in Sacramento, where I drive a '91 GT. Insurance rates are indeed high, and I don't have a good reason. Your rates are less then what I am paying, but at this point there's not much I can do since I'm also 19. I'm guessing I will find high rates where ever I go even though I do have a completely clean record. I might end up moving if rates don't go down that much. For the area and comparison of car vlaue, and age, the rates don't seem that unreasonable. Oh well. Hope this helps

CBeech

Reply to
CBeech

My car's a 2000 GT, and I have a 97 Ranger. 6 month rate is $426 and covers both. I've been in SoCal(OC) and now Portland area, same price. I have NationWide and they give me discounts for, good driver, multiple cars and home owner insurance. Don't know why Sacramento would be so high.

Reply to
GILL

Ottawa, Canada

44 yrs old 1992 5.0 LX $340 (cdn) / 6months pretty much same coverage as OP.

I guess my insurance company figures that I am all grown up and responsible :-)

Reply to
Colin McFadyen

Michigan $165 for 6 mo.

48 years old
Reply to
John

It may be a bust, it may not BUT call Margaret Dempsey at Allstate

800.573.0606 She is in Stockton

She used to be my agent out there and if there is a way to save you a buck she will. I won't even mention the amazing service she used to give us.

Allstate was writing high risk drivers at a good price a while back, maybe she can steer you in that direction.

Tell her Kate Selby sent you - her "mostest favoritest" When she remembers she should laugh. She was there for us when our kids killed 5 cars in the course of a year.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Yea John, but what kind of coverage and deducts are you carrying? Man that's insane low!

: > Brian : >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Tennessee

48 YO female, multi car / multi policy, good driver discounts. Full coverage, 100 300 300 with fairly low deducts 250 & 50 $469 bi-annual

: > Brian : >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Insurance in NYC... 2400 dollars a year. For comprehensive with 1000k deductible.. NO collision coverage. I have umbrella for personal injury.. NYC SUCKS for insurance.. 2004 v6 converible.

Reply to
duke1234

Greetings,

I just bought a 99 GT off an 18 yr old kid who was paying $3800.00/ 6 mo. on his FATHERS policy! No accidents or tix (he says). This is in Salem, Oregon. Incredible. For the same car, my insurance is $324.00/ 6 mo. - 46 yrs old,

250/250 deducts. Guess my kids won't be driving a GT anytime soon.

Cheers

Scott

Reply to
Scott Sayer

Well that's what you get for having a sexually confused year.

Reply to
Zombywoof

How about this one:

`05 Aviator --50 yo female `05 F-150 -- 50 male `02 S-10 -- 22 yo female `01 Mustang Vert -- 18 yo female

$397.00 a month for all with 500/500.

Oh and then add in an `06 FLHTCI @ $596 a year on a separate policy.

My calculator says $5360.00 a year. Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Reply to
Zombywoof

: Well that's what you get for having a sexually confused year. :

Twarnt confused - twar choosing both sides.

: : -- : : Only way to beat terrorist is to use terrorist tactics...set traps, snipers. : No amount of conventional warfare will work...

Reply to
Kate

Full coverage with $500 or $1000 deductable Limited mileage policy

Reply to
John

Especially the 1000K deductible. :)

Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

Aaahhhhh I get it now.

Reply to
Kate
1999 v6 'vert. $1300/6 months. 250/500 deducts with 100/300 liability limits. Dont have PIP but have uninsured motorist.

20, Seattle.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I have a 2005 V6 with $500,000 CSLiability and $500 comp and collision deductibles. I pay $491. If I had a GT it would be about $650. I'm in Montana. Aged 31

Reply to
wadner

That same coverage in NYC is around 3 grand. Talk about the Big apple! It blows

Reply to
duke1234