Intake Manifold Gasket shot on my 85 GT

Hi All,

Well got the bad news lastnight. So now my mechanic basically told me that while everything was apart, might as well change my intake at the same time cause it was something I was gonna do anyhow. So now I ask you guys, what intake would you recommend? Anything else I can do while my baby is apart?

Thanks

Reply to
Steph

Stay awy from those professional products intakes. I friend of mine tried one and it was a total p.o.s. You'd be better off with one of the name brands like Holley, Edelbrock, or Weiand. Its hard to pick a manifold since we don't know anything about the rest of your car. Since its a 85 I'm assuming its still carbed, but it might be cfi which then there isn't any options that I know of.

I have a performer rpm sitting in my garage freshly sandblasted if ti will fit your needs shot me an email.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Sorry guys.

1985 Mustang GT 5 spd

All stock except for rear-end.

Reply to
Steph

So what intake where you thinking about going with? The stock 4bbl intakes where pretty good. I'm not sure if it would be worth the money to swap on a stock setup for a performer. Something like a Performer RPM or other high rise dual plane might make some differance since you have gears to take advantage of it.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Hey MadDawg,

I got 3.73's with an 8.8 rear-end. I was thinking of going with an Edelbrock product but just not sure what? Obviously like everyobdy else I want more HP!!! So you got one? Would it be worth my while? What's your e-mail and where are you located.

Reply to
Steph

Edelbrock RPM is a great choice. It's what I ran on the 85 GT I had coupled with ported 351w heads and a B cam and 4:10 gears maade for a nice package.

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Edelbrock performer RPM for the intake, 1.6 rollers rockers,a set of mildly worked 87-95 E7 5.0 mustang heads would help also.

Reply to
winze

And after that, get ready for some shorty headers and an exhaust. What goes in must come out..

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m22.aol.com:

Reply to
Joe

Edelbrock Air Gap. Pound for pound, one of the best power producers around.

Reply to
boB

Have rpm & airgap, both are good, a buddy let me try his wieland "stealth" and hands down the stealth. 8 more ponies peak and an average of 10% gain in torque thru

6500 rpm. If it's stock and has 100,000+ miles >
Reply to
Gregory Spires