Intake manifold torque settings

Any advice on the intake manifold torque settings for a 351C 4V with an Edelbrock 351 4V LB Performer? The original cast iron settings were 23 - 25 for 5/16 bolts and 28 - 32 for 3/8 bolts.

My mechanic, from whom I bought the car and installed the Edelbrock, said 18 Ft-Lb was plenty. An email response from Edelbrock recommended 25. Any suggestions.

Reply to
goodnigh

18 'should' be plenty, but if Edelbrock recommends 25 I'd follow it. The important thing is not to exceed recommendations on aluminum. I've seen busted ears on manifolds.

rd

Reply to
RD Jones

I would follow Edelbrock's advice. Nobody knows more about intake manifolds than they do.

Reply to
.boB

Well, Thank You. :-)

Reply to