INTAKE- SAY "WHY-AND"

Stupid ebayers, What the hell is wrong with some people? I'm tired of seeing Weiand spelled WeiLand and being pronounced We And or We Land, LOL! It's pronounced WHY-AND like in "Wind it up" and then there's the idiots that spell HOLLEY (as in carbs) without the E "Holly" and both names are right on the parts up for auction!

Reply to
winze

Is it for a camero or a Mustang Mark 1? Did you see any Nitro kits for Hondas on ebay too? hehe StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

And there's Eldebrock, Edlebrock, etc...

I do searches for Biuck every once in a while too. I've never had a result without at least a couple with that misspelling. My all time "duh" favorite is bumber.

Steve

72 Slklylllalrlkl
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

My real fave is those using "then" and "than" interchangably or incorrectly..... "I would rather have a pizza then a Big Mac" is a much different statement than "I would rather have a pizza than a big Mac".

But... if the worst things in our lives are mis-spelled or mispronounced words, then our lives must be pretty good.

If, OTOH, this kind of stuff is bothering us all the while our ride wont start, half the accessories don't work or there is something really naggingly wrong with it, we have a real need to re-adjust our priorities...

Reply to
Jim Warman

They should call and ask Kennie Bell how to spell/pronounce it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Check out a few "Elderbrock" Ebay listings also! I tried it for fun and actually got results! LOL

Winze

5.0 Musthang
Reply to
winze

on ebay too?

I thought that was Camara & Mock 1 LOL!

Reply to
winze

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Yes, I too, am a stickler for proper enunciation and spelling, and, when teaching computers, I do stress the use of tools such as Spell Check... and yet, even I make such errors.

However, though I have several degrees, and I make such errors, this does not mean I am a dumb hick.

Personally, I am far more interested in the bidding price for the part I want. I really do not care if the seller spells the brand correctly as long as I can get what I seek at a good price which will allow me excess funds for other purchases.

I th>Stupid ebayers, What the hell is wrong with some people? I'm tired of

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

As a buyer, I want them to trash it so bad that nobody else finds the auction... but me.

But as a seller, I want to make sure that my titles and subject contain all the correctly spelled keywords that will get the itme the most traffic from people who are looking for it.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Some ebay sellers realize that people MAKE typos & want their products to still be listed when buyers search w/ typos. Just my .02 cents.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

rather have a hummer than get nailed you say?

something wrong with that.

Kate

| >But... if the worst things in our lives are mis-spelled or mispronounced | >words, then our lives must be pretty good. | >

| >If, OTOH, this kind of stuff is bothering us all the while our ride wont | >start, half the accessories don't work or there is something really | >naggingly wrong with it, we have a real need to re-adjust our priorities... | >

| >> I do searches for Biuck every once in a while too. I've never had a | >result | >> without at least a couple with that misspelling. My all time "duh" | >favorite | >> is bumber. | >>

| >> Steve | >> 72 Slklylllalrlkl | >>

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

Nun huh???? Really?

| However, though I have several degrees, and I make such errors, this | does not mean I am a dumb hick. |

But.... yer a fuzz butt. (teasin... teasin!!!)

| Personally, I am far more interested in the bidding price for the part | I want. I really do not care if the seller spells the brand correctly | as long as I can get what I seek at a good price which will allow me | excess funds for other purchases. |

funny thing, iffin they cain't spell, i don' much like buyin from em. I'm always afraid that that "typo" is actual. That what I THINK it is and what it REALLY is are two different things. Say that 'Holly' carb. You might get some old bit of junk with a piece of a holly bush stuffed down it's throat Instead of the Holley you were looking for.

Kate

| I think that there are dumber people out there. Those who are so | wrapped up in bidding that they actually bid more than they could | purchase an item for at retail... and they haven't considered shipping | and handling. They tick me off because all they succeed at is driving | up prices. | | On 7 Aug 2004 07:39:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@law.com (winze) wrote: | | >Stupid ebayers, What the hell is wrong with some people? I'm tired of | >seeing Weiand spelled WeiLand and being pronounced We And or We Land, | >LOL! It's pronounced WHY-AND like in "Wind it up" and then there's the | >idiots that spell HOLLEY (as in carbs) without the E "Holly" and both | >names are right on the parts up for auction! | | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

a dictionary works well with the added benefit of better retention. :)

seeya, peter

Reply to
picaza

Yeah, I agree there are some studid buyers also, especially those that bid more for a used item than it would cost new! Then theres some of both that I'd like to choke! I threatened one seller that I'd go to Lake Erie to check on the fishing if he didn't refund my money! he did!

How is McLeod pronounced?

Winze,

5.0 Musthang full Bore dynomax exhaust
Reply to
winze

LOL at myself, thats *stupid

Reply to
winze

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

"winze" wrote

Is that a combo of studly and stupid? :)

Ya gotta explain this one better. We here in Colorady don't get it. lol

Think "Connor McCloud of the Clan McCloud"- The Highlander.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

There ain't NUTHIN wrong with that 8^)

snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net