intake swap

I was wondering if a Edelbrock F-28 2x4 intake that is for a early model 289 will bolt up to 351W.

thanks bob

Reply to
bob

We all wish that it would! The 351 is much wider, so, no. I've thought about writing Edelbrock and expressing my interest in such a manifold, maybe they would consider producing a version. They now offer one for the 455 Pontiac and there are more 351s out there than 455s.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

if you need someone to write a second request let me know the address and I will get one sent out also.

thanks bob

Reply to
bob

got another question then . .

I really like the look of the 2x4 set up on my car, what other engines will it fit on? I guess it will fit on a 302, will it bolt on to a late model 5.0?

what is the difference between a 351w and 351m? I always thought the

351m was really a 400.

thanks bob

Reply to
bob

2700 California Street Torrance, CA 90503

or

W3tac8oe

Correct 302, 5.0 basically the same. Can't use 5.0 valve covers cause there is no ports for PCV system. Use traditional covers and PCV I have F-28 on a 87 5.0 iron GT-40 heads in a 1970 Maverick.

It is... with a shorter stroke crank and real long rods. Too many differences from the Windsors to write about. Heads, bellhousing bolt pattern, weight, needs different motor mounts etc.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

The M is a tall-deck Cleveland, and yes the 400 and 351M use the same block. And no a Windsor intake will not fit those.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

How do you like the way it runs and looks? Were you able to keep the carbs below the hood? What carbs are you running?

I have the Edelbrock 400's on my 289 (bored and stroked to the limit), it is lots of fuel but with lots of tweaking I think I finally got it right. I have the air cleaners out of the hood, looks great but I will put a scope on one of these days. What do you (or anyone) think of the Summit or Jegs crate engines? I like the 289 in my 67 Mustang Fastback, but I want more power. I would love to drop in a big block but most say the headache of doing that is not worth it. There is something to say about seeing multi carbs on an engine. So I would like to keep the set up and upgrade to more cubic inches. I haven't done much research on the 5.0's but I am guessing that they can be beefed up pretty good and still stay dependable for highway driving.

If I haven't said so I don't race, but have been known to show those front wheel drive cars what a real muscle car can do. We mostly cruise on the weekends doing car shows around this part of the country (NW Missouri).

And for all of the die hard Mustang fans reading this I have all of the stock and/or original parts in my garage, so if and when I grow up (I'm 42) I will put the car back to stock including the original engine and trans with matching serial numbers, the hood, kick panels, rims and any other original sheet metal or parts that I removed.

Reply to
bob

Like it a lot. Took some tweaking to clean up a rich idle. Fits under the stock Maverick hood with the EDL aircleaner.

1404s in the master/slave linkage set up. Electric choke on the master.

Could be the way to go if you are on a budget. These are factory built engines from Ford, are they not? Summit doesn't do any Ford stuff on their own. I lost my 68 FB. Looking for another in the next year. You can build a 327 with Summits China Eagle crank and rods based on the 5.0

351 Ws are pretty basic and durable and with aluminum heads, won't weigh more than a 302, hardly. Got one in my Lain. 40 in central Mo.
Reply to
W3tac8oe