Interchangeable Parts

To illustrate the reason for my question below, I have learned that the A/C compressor on an 82-86 Capri, 82-93 Mustang, 84-86 LTD, 85 Marquis, 85-88 Cougar and 85-88 Thunderbird are all interchangeable.

Is there a book or manual (either in print, online or on CD-ROM) that lists interchangeable parts?

Thanks!

Joe Colella snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Joe Colella

Dont suppose you realize that free availabilty would result in a couple small companies going out of business?

Sorry... but there IS a way to do it; it's like 'reverse engineering', use on-line parts lookup, enter likely similar applications and check the stock numbers found for each.

tedious but free. Of course you noted those exaamples you gave were all for RWD 5.0 applications... not rocket science. GM on the other hand used a different stock# compressor for almost every 3800 application, according to my brother. (diff being assy mounting angles)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"Joe Colella" wrote in news:WIzOg.15$W13.8@trnddc05:

Joe, There is a book called "the ford parts interchange manual" It covers from '59-'70. Not sure if there is a more modern update to it. It's available at Amazon.com. or Gregsonline.com

DW

Reply to
DW

Joe, there is also a rather expensive book out that the junkyards( or auto recyclers to be P.C.) use. It is called the Hollander Interchange Manual(If I remember correctly). Comes out every year, at least I think it does still. Not cheap.

Did you miss me? I just did a quick search.

Here is the link to them.

don't know if this will come up as a link or if you will have to cutand paste. HTH, Russ

Reply to
russ