Interior cleaning?

I need to clean up the original interior in my '66. Fortunately there are no rips or tears but it's rather faded. Anyone know what's a good strength cleaning agent I can use on the seats that won't ruin them? It needs to be fairly strong. The interior's a distaster.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

You didn't tell us, cloth or vinyl? Carpet too? Colors????

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Sorry. Had my head up my ass again. :) Vinyl and cloth, baby blue now. Screw the carpet. I'm ripping it out. :D The cloth I'm not real worried about, but I need something strong for the vinyl that won't melt it.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

"Kidd Andersson" wrote | SVTKate wrote: | | > You didn't tell us, cloth or vinyl? | > Carpet too? | > Colors???? | >

| | Sorry. Had my head up my ass again. :)

I get a kink in my neck when I do this... how about you ??? ;¬D

| Vinyl and cloth, baby blue now. Screw the carpet. I'm ripping it out. :D | The cloth I'm not real worried about, but I need something strong for | the vinyl that won't melt it.

Oh! Ok! Gotcha! Other's opinions may differ, but here is what I would do. go to this website

Find a dealer near you.
them and Get some C-49.http://www.prowax.com/cleaners.shtml#C-54Or I suppose you could order it online. A gallon ia around $14 it dilutes 5 to 1, remember that and do NOT think it will work better if it's stronger. A gallon will last you a LONG LONG TIME.

Now get a and a spray bottle, a good terrycloth towell, scrub brush, a bucket of fresh water, A cooler of ice cold beer and a radio wouldn't hurt a thing.

If the seats can be cleaned, this will do it. You might want to get some (NOT ARMOR ALL) S-92 Premo dressing. Beeee-cause...... sometimes when vinyl gets a good cleaning after it has been really dirty for a long time it will get a white-ish haze over it. It's because the oils are all taken off of it. The Premo dressing does have some of the nasty silicone in it BUT the difference between it and armor all is that it will wash and wear off and does not build upwhen used with a dollop of common sense.

You can get a small container that will last a LONG time for under $10. I use a damp sponge (like a micro fiber sponge) or a piece of an old T-shirt that has been dampened with water and wrung out rather than spraying it on. Dampen the sponge too. Spray the material lightly on the fabric rather than on your car then wipe it on,. A little goes a LONG ways!

Hope this helps, I've been using this stuff for years and it has always served me well, of course your mileage may vary. Would love to have you post your solution and how it came out.

Hmm... this reminds me, I need to stock up again, I am about out of some things.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate