ipod/aux socket for shaker 500

Is there anything on the market that will connect an ipod through the aux socket to the shaker 500 stereo on the new shape mustang?

I've only seen chargers that plug into the power socket on the dash but nothing that goes into the aux socket.

If not, can anyone recommend an adapter?

Reply to
davea

Have you looked at

? If it exists, they usually have it...

But there is a trade-off. They are generally more expensive, but the tech support is 'top shelf'...

Reply to
Tony

Try Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, or any other consumer electronics dealer.

The adapter is just a cable with a 1/8" inch stereo plug on each end. One end goes to the headphone socket on the iPod, the other plugs into the aux socket in the console. You could even make one yourself, with parts from Radio Shack.

I got mine at Best Buy.

Reply to
Stubby

Even though the OP doesn't want anything that plugs into the lighter socket, I gotta "plug" this:

(It can be found cheaper elsewhere; I found mine on eBay for >$20) I've had one for three years, and I love it. The benefits with this as opposed to plugging directly from the headphone jack to the aux input is that it uses the line-out of the dock connector (volume on the iPod doesn't affect the volume on the stereo), and charges the iPod at the same time.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

this:

(It can be found cheaper elsewhere; I found mine on eBay for >$20)>

After looking at that I think I'll go for one of them! Thanks

Reply to
davea