Is Feeding Your Mustang Getting Expensive?

Why? V6s don't much if any better milage. If you are looking for measurable fuel savings you will to get a 4 cyl. Better start looking ag the Focus.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote

Blasphemy! Burn him at the stake! Or at least hold a match under his butt. Okay, fine, I sentence you to watching a video of a fireplace until you can't stand it anymore. Oh never mind. At least you didn't say *gulp* Civic. :)

Reply to
Scott Williams

Rein

Working that out... 120 miles per hour at 6 gallons = 20 miles per gallon... so your Cessna got the same mileage as your Mustang. Not bad. :-)

Reply to
JS

Yeah, but flying airplanes is a very expensive hobby. AvGas in 2002 was almost 3 bucks a gallon, annual inspections ran from 400-1200 bucks a year (if I was lucky and didn't have any engine problems, like a low compression cylinder - that's thousands of bucks for a repair), my tiedown at the airfield was $75/mth, the charts that I had to buy every 90 days were $25 - $75 (depending on the area that I would fly). Then there's alway the chance of any decent radios being stolen.

I hated selling my plane (owned it for 9 years), but I couldn't justify its drain on my financial resources.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

You may have been duped. Whenever I hear of low cost high octane gas it makes me think that maybe the guy in the fuel delivery truck made a mistake and put the lower test fuel into the high test tank. I'm pretty sure that the station can't legally sell it as high octane fuel.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird 00' Mustang GT vert
Some are wise and some are otherwise