Is it too late for Class Action Settlement on TFI module?

Can I still get pay by Ford?

Reply to
abc

I missed something...... been a while since I've seen a TFI module and, like any other severe duty electronic device, they WILL fail... changed a few on my own rides.... it's part of the deal since nothing is forever (well, almost nothing).

These types of parts are considered 'sacrificial'..... they have a finite life and we can expect them to fail sooner or later. If they fail during the warranty period, there's generally no problem. If you purchased a TFI module and installed it yourself, there may (depending on the dealer) be some concern..... especially if there's no "goo" on the back side of the module.... If you can tell us some of the circumstance around your "class action" notion we can offer some better advice.

Reply to
Jim Warman

try calling the ford dealer and give them your vin number and let them run it in the computer... then maybe you will know??? i remember getting a court settlement paper a few years back listing my 93 taurus, i did not go looking for this, they the court must have got it from my vin number on the car.. i said that they ford agreeded to pay for a new TFI if you paid for it yourself, even if ford did not do the repair job... i think there was some extended warranty that they added to the suit???? i did not pay much attention as i never had any problems with my TFI. but call or go to a dealer and let them run your vin. number into the computer and see what comes up.... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim

Forgetaboudit. We joined the suit a long time ago and never got paid. Cough up the $50 bucks yourself and allow the Earth to continue rotating.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams

Reply to
JD Adams

50 bucks for a TFI modual???
Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I'm pretty sure it's too late. I applied for about $100 and I did get a check from the settlement for that amount about 4 months ago.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Yep, that's what they run around here.

So, where's the beef?

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams

Reply to
JD Adams

You folks must be plumb lucky.....nothing for TFI modules in the GWN....

Reply to
Jim Warman

The only ones who ever get paid are the lawyers. Our system sucks.

Chris

Reply to
Chris1