Is this a drop-in for a 1968 Mustang coupe?

My coupe is the 289 2V model - is this a good fit and how much is it worth?

FORD 9" 3.70 POSI 28 SPLINE 67-70 MUSTANG HOUSING

Thanks! Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Yes it bolts in, but the Buy It Now price is too high for what it is. IF you plan on a 460 swap you should be looking at an N case (stronger than the single rib case here) and a 31-spline carrier instead of the 28 (which is what you have now). The 4-pinion Trac-lok

*is* better than a 2-pinion. This rearend for auction would be fine for a mild 351 or 390, which is probably what the original car had.
Reply to
CobraJet

Thanks, CobraJet! Much appreciated!

The seller has offered it to me for $650, but I think I will wait and find the rear end you recommend. What would I look for on eBay? What are the search terms - I'm guessing searches with "N case" and "31" would work?

Thanks a million! Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Are you proceeding with the 460 swap plan? If so, I can give you a better game plan over in the Big Block group. I'm not long for here. Some people are starting to bore the hell out of me.

I'll just take a thousand. You can send it to me through PaySnake.

Reply to
CobraJet

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike