Is This Ford's New 7-Liter 427?

Being as you have two, why don't you consider having the original built?

Reply to
WindsorFox

It's an option, but being an American consumer I like the notion of "new". Besides, with 200,000+ on the original engine, with oil changes done religiously every 50,000 miles, I'd prefer to start fresh for the next

200,000.

Of course, there's always the chance that I'll drop $20,000 on this car and then find out that gasoline is history.

duh-wight

dwight

All I know is the FRPP web site lists no 385 engines, except the mention of a M-6007-S520RT, which is probably a 520 ci 385. And FRPP's

2008 catalog, as reproduced in a PDF version available on the FRPP website, mentions no 385 engines at all. The catalog is short on crate engines all the way around. My guess is that mom and pop shops have undercut Ford to the extent they're giving up on the crate engine business. Typical Detroit thinking, to walk away from a market segment. There's also the pronounced greenish tint of the Bill Ford. He is not a friend of high performance.

It's too bad. Ever since Chevy came out with those self-contained Ram Jet EFI Rats and SBCs, I had been hoping that Ford would do the same.

I went to a big multi-make car show in Pleasanton CA on Saturday, put on by The Good Guys (Pleasanton is their home field), and it was pretty depressing how much Chevy has come to dominate this part of the hobby. I'd say about 75% of the cars were Chevy powered, including of course all the '32 and '34 Ford street rods. Fords were about 15 to

20% and Mopars were about 5 to 10%.

180 Out

Reply to
one80out

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1194899713.731785.136240 @q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I've always contended that a car should get more points for factory power, and even more for original power. That would put a kink in the Chevy lovers. When at a car show, I always make it a point to snub any car not a Chevy that has Chevy power. I've had a few owners ask me why, and my reply was "put the right engine in it, and I'll look."

Reply to
elaich

When I see a Ford Rod w/Chevy gear I think, there's another Chevy guy, wanting to look cool. :)

Reply to
GILL

But wasn't he the guy who ultimately approved production of the Ford GTs, Terminator Cobras and the GT500s?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L