Is this legit (550 hp "factory" Cobra)

It says "...The typical 2003 Cobra cranks out 390, but this beast has a factory 550 horsepower supercharged engine. The car has a Eaton M-112 supercharger, intercooler and intercooler reservoir..."

And "...This is a high performance specialty vehicle that produces the most Horsepower ever for a factory built Mustang..."

Reply to
John

Without knowing the specific addon's ford installed over the standard cobra it's a crap shoot. I would request a copy of the original factory window sticker if he/she has it. The engine looks like a stock cobra. Nice looking car...

JimC

The pulley and tune might have been done by a Ford dealer, but there weren't any special Cobras nor would I call that a "factory 550 horsepower". All Cobras had an intercooled Eaton M-112 and a Tremec T-56 6-speed although it differs from the one used in the Viper and Corvette. If that "$10,000 of goodies" was installed by the dealer it's not "factory", and Ford does not have any responsibility to honor any engine or drivetrain repairs under warrantee. That would definitely be an "As Is" purchase.

Reply to
WraithCobra

my car dynoed at 433 std with only intake and cat-back exhaust

with 18% driveline loss - that would theoretically make my car 525 at the crank?

550 would then be not too far off - bassani x-pipe, etc? oh wait - just saw - do you see the size of that pulley? def well over 550 crank hp which is what ford advertises as 390 hp

also no warranty

Christopher Shea

also says that only aftermarket items were bassani and brembo... but that is a paulshp or steeda cai

1&category=6236

Reply to
Christopher Shea

John,

It probably has a legit 550, but it's not "factory". 390 is factory, which is still more than any previous factory Mustang. Sounds like he just had his dealer install the parts and do the tuning.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick