Isolating the AC Compressor

Rather than re-engineer the engine, I'm replacing the AC Compressor!

Is there ANY way to isolate the AC Compressor on a 93 Mustang GT?

Thanks, again!

Steve

gfr92y at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Steve Forrestor

what do you mean isolate? just dont turn on the fan clutch and its isolated(?)

Reply to
Jim Lanson

In order to bolt the new compressor on, I have to remove the old compressor. I was hoping to do this without discharging the whole system and creating a hole in the atmosphere. Screw the hole and loosen the fittings... Arrrrr

Reply to
Steve Forrestor

you can get it emptied at an AC place. they will get all the freon out. should be $20 or so. you can put plastic bags over the hose ends (lots of AC oil inside) When I put on the supercharger, had to rotate the AC Compressor about 6 inches, lines had to come off, so I took it to a place, they took out the freon, I drove it home installed the supercharger, (rotated AC unit on new bracket) took it back to the place, and then pumped it down, got all the moisture out and filled it back up again, total cost was $70 from them. I got a new AC hose built later. AC works fine.

Reply to
Jim Lanson

I knew what you meant.. you're thinking of how a Central Air condenser works, where you can isolate the gas (pump down) from the evap and lines... sorry, no.

OTOH you cant do that on a Central Air compressor, either.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic