Its been a while

Hi Everyone,

My name is Buzz Haze, I used to post here back in the day but my ISP dropped usenet and that was the end of that...I have finally found a way to post on the web so here I am.

oh joy...he's back [rolls eyes] ha-ha!!

Actually, I had many friends here and I look forward to catching up.

So here's what I have been up to, Im still in Ottawa Canada signed in Div 1 NHRA points for the last 4 years. Ive done very well managing to stay in the top 5 each year. My mustang has gone through many changes but a few things are still the same.

I've gone to an adjustable ladder-bar system along with more cage, I got a scatter shield on the stock T5 cause she's gonna blow soon...ha- ha! Can you believe I still have the same motor...a bone stock 5 liter. I have sunk 15 grand into the rest of the car and not 1 red cent under the hood. Why? you ask...simple. Im an idiot....ha-ha!!! but I have a new sponsor who is dying to drop a S.B.Ford stroker motor in it. He wants me in the low 10's on motor.

As I have been adding cage and shields, I would have to work really hard to get more 12 sec passes but it has been running consistent

13.2's without hammering the shifts so Ive been doing that. Now that the scatter shield is in, I can lay down another 12.9. I did hook up a 125 NOS shot (wet) and did a half pass. I engaged the NOS just before the 1/8th and saw flames....shut it down and ran a 12.61 @ 114 mph I think I can squeeze an 11.9 with the stock motor and NOS. WOOOOO!!!!

So, here's the kicker. It's painted like a CHP car...yes. I'm insane but let me tell you, It will look fantastic, It will be out of paint and body this week so no pics yet....I will post a link in a week or 2. It will say "Dragway Patrol" instead of highway patrol, and will have "project and swerve" on the rear quarter. lol

I am the photographer at 2 tracks here, one is NHRA (Luskville Dragway) and the other is stock cars (Capital City Speedway) check them out

So what the heck has everyone else been up to?

Buzz Haze Ottawa, Canada

BuzzHaze

Uh... Buzz?

We've changed things a bit here in ramfm.

I think you're looking for rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang.canada now. This is the U.S.-only group.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Ahhh Dwight, good to see you've still got your sense of humor. How are you? the Frog? kids? After poking around a little, I am surprised to see names I recognize. A guy named Steve is one of the posters I was hoping to see around...you too of course..lol SVT Kate, she's a blast!!! WindsorFox is another....I missed you guys.

I should have mentioned Im in google groups, sorry about that but I will probably just subscribe to supernews or something since I like Agent and some of the older usenet readers over this google thing.

Reply to
BuzzHaze

Yeah hey Buzz, I think we had relatives going back, oh, ten generations or so :) Cuz Buzz? That's a hell of a good job with that stock 5.0 I like the roundy round pics, I'm a Sprint car fan but I'll watch mini-stocks anytime.Good to see you back. Oh, Go Ducks eh?

Reply to
GILL

Jean and I moved a couple of years ago, a little further outside of Philadelphia to a place I like to call Paradise.

tells the story.

TFrog is still with me, now over 207,000 miles, and has a new stablemate CFrog, a '93 GT convertible. Meanwhile, I'm busy stockpiling lenses for the Digital Rebel XT, trying my hand at remaking my landscape, and basically killing time until the Eagles start their 2007 campaign.

Princess still lives with us (25 now), and The Boy, my prodigal son, has just moved back into the area after living a few years up around New Yawk. Life is good.

Your timing is great, since Steve just popped in again not too long ago. And I understand why you miss these folks, since they're the reason I've been hanging around in this corner of usenet for lo these many years...

Google Groups can't be a lot of fun. If Supernews is a bit much for you, try

- not the greatest, but for a one-time fee of $3.95, you'll have access to just about any newsgroup you want.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Good to hear things are stable. I've been doing so much work on this car, it's crazy. Here are a few early paint-shop pics. The car is ready for the vinyl work.

BuzzHaze

No KIDDING, that's a lot of work. From where it's been to where it is, it's looking great.

Let me see if I have this right... You're going to fix this little Fox up to first-class form, then take it to the track and beat the living crap out of it?

:()

Reply to
dwight

You bet!! The car wouldn't be happy doing display duties. Now that I have all the sponsors in place, I can mess it up and they will fix it before Sunday. Wooooo!!!

...a little "Pam" on the rear panel to repel the burn-out rubber and she'll be fine,

Reply to
BuzzHaze

Wow, look what the cat drug in! Ya know I sent you an email some time back, but apparently you didn't get it.

Reply to
WindsorFox

lol...good to hear from you Windsor. I dont remember getting an email but I was having major problems with my ISP's mail service. I was getting emails that were 2 weeks old or not getting rhem at all...and I pay these people [rolls eyes]

I hope everyrhing is going well. I'm still watching hockey over here, We have our team in the Stanley Cup final but they are choking like a fat man on a chicken bone. Ah...who cares, race season is here. lol. I have been shooting at the local roundy round. Talk about BORING....ha-ha. The accidents are cool but the other shots all look the same night after night.

I'll keep you guys posted on the police project. I ordered the decals from Chicago, They are as close to the real thing as you can get. (MSquad) once I get them on, I go for the cars final E-Test (1987 and older are now exempt) then we put in the stroker...ha-ha!!! Im going carb. I just hope I can get it done before the season ends. We only get 11 nice days here in Canada. :)

Reply to
BuzzHaze

We had the same trouble with Cox when they first started dicking around with spam filters.

Yeah, love the B&W paint job. I plan to keep up with it and would love to add any vids you get to my Youtube site if you don't have one. BTW, I seem to remember you're in Toronto? You can find me sniffing around on ott.general just for the company that's there LOL.

We also had a Toronto member of the ShamiksServer NASCAR racing league come down and spend Thanksgiving week here in the bayou with us. He told us all aboot winter time in Canada ROFL!!!

Reply to
WindsorFox

Okay so I read the plate on the car, you are in Ontario :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox

Hey Buzz,

It's been a little while since I last dropped by - basically once I got the car running, which I know you've seen the youtube video of it idling. I can't believe it was 4 years ago that I was up in your neck of the woods!

Not much new with my car since the last update. I still have lots to do and it only takes money.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Hey listen to this 5.0 Bird, but wait for the end, LOL that cracks me up, the shot at the end...

WindsorFox

When I was watching it, my original thought was that they were going to spin around and show another car idling because it didn't look like it was coming from the Tbird.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Well I don't think it was coming from the car they DID swing around to ROFL!!

Reply to
WindsorFox