J-B Weld

riiiiiiiiiiight lolol ;D

Reply to
<memset

Damn... cool ;D. Lots of automotive applications.. glad to finally hear of some... but doesn't J-B have some sort of rearview mirror adhesive stuff?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

haha cool ;)

Reply to
<memset

LOL too funny... when he gets stuck you'll have pictures I mean.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Overclocking? You'll put an eye out that way.

Anyway, I just mixed up a dollop of J-B Weld, stuck a couple of wires into the unset glop, and measured the resistance. My DVM reads greater than 20M resistance across a .25^2 patch of the stuff. I'm waiting until it sets to take a final reading.

So far, it looks like a decent insulator at low voltage. However, for the use you're proposing, I'd probably use if conventional expoxy.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Ooooh yeah. There was this 77 Chrysler. Those in the know will know it had the "Chrysler Lean Burn System" wich included a POC "computer" mounted on the air breather. They went bad. All of them. Yeah you could buy one from a junk yard that had not gone bad for about $200; yet. But it would go out, only a matter of time. So with removing all of this crap there were um, left over things. Things no one knew what to do with, one of which was a steel pipe running from a fitting on the left exhaust manifold to the intake. When I was preparing the car to sell, that pipe had rotted away leaving an exhaust leak. I used JB Weld to fill in the fitting after finding a bolt that fit snugly down inside the fitting.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Reply to
<memset

Now it's set. Even when I probe the glop of expoxy very close together, I see much higher than 20M resistance. It's an insulator, though I do not know what the breakdown voltage is. I suspect it's high enough for anything you'd need on a motherboard.

But...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

That stuff kicks ass. I used it to fill the EGR slot on the carb mounting surface on a factory 5.0 intake (1985) that I bought and installed on my old '82 GT. However, when I swapped it onto my '68 cougar 302 with puny restrictive single exhaust (more backpressure), The stuff blew out. I remedied that with a performerRPM and now the '85 intake sits in my kitchen. I've used it other times successfully, but I can't recall the circumstances. (Think- Richard Belzer doing Reagan " Well I uh well I uh".

Reply to
Caplanh

When the flange around the oil drain plug on my push mower cracked, I used JB weld to put it back together. I cleaned everything well with lacqour thinner first, and glued the plug in. It's held together for over two years now. The only problem is that I have to turn the mower upside-down to drain the oil !

Reply to
Nathan Heid

no problem doing this.. brought a mower into the shop and thats what the guy did when removing the oil... tilted it to the side and left it on its side and then put the mineral spririts with air gun on it and cleaned it all up and then put some new oil in and let it run.. he then told me that there was nothing wrong with it.. no charge....i guess he thought i bought it from him as he sells the same kind and the way i was complaining about ruining the mower=it kept spiting out oil and smoking alot....

Reply to
jim

I've found that to be the easiest way on many newer mowers that have the long dipstick tube. Less mess and trouble then removing the drain plug and trying to get something under it. With a little practice you can be done in a jiffy.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy