Junk Yard Fun

Well we spent a whole weekend trompin around in wrecking yards from Modesto, Stockton, Sacramento and Rancho Cardova, just having a ball... Im I a sicko or is anyone else into this?? Found lots of neat stuff for my 85 GT and 92 LX.

David

Reply to
Mustang GT

Junk Yards are like play grounds..They are fun..I need a pill now. Really though, here in OC California there is a Pick-Your-Part that has good "stuff" Up on the Central Coast, on the Nipomo Mesa, there is a street called Gasoline Ally that is a treasure trove. My name is Gill, and I'm a Junkaholic.

Reply to
GILL

Where are you located ? Some of the better yards here in Stockton are closed on the weekends.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

I LOVE tromping around wrecking yards! It's like a little smorgie, for your car. You never know what kind of treasure you will find.

Didn't stop and say to ME didya!!

Did you find anything fun?

Kate

92 | LX. | | David | |
Reply to
SVTKate

Wait till you make a road trip toanother state to do it before you think your sick. Thats when my woman started thinking I as crazy.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Tim, we live in Sonora... yea we know about the weekend closure thing, but its good to get off the mountain once in a while :)

Reply to
Mustang GT

Hi Kate... the whole experience was fun.. However I did find something rather intresting Ive never seen before. Can you identify these?? I pulled them off the side of a Fox Body in the Stockton Pick and Pull:

Dave

Reply to
Mustang GT

MadDAWG opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Flea markets and outlet malls for her? Does she understand THAT?

Then she should understand you.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"It's a World full of junk" - Fred Sanford (as played by Redd Foxx)

Reply to
Brent P

ROFLMAO!!! I can relate!

Kate

| > David | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well now... that's pretty interesting! I'm not a 'Foxy' Gal, know almost nothing about that era (so far) but I bewt the guys in here can fill you in. Vellllly Interestingk!

Kate

| > Didn't stop and say to ME didya!! | >

| > Did you find anything fun? | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Doing that for a Mustang isn't bad. I've done that for a Saab 900T I used to own.

Reply to
Morgan Bullard

As soon as I saw the "Liberty Edition" in the PDF I knew EXACTLY which emblem you were talking about. That emblem was aftermarket and what it came from I have no idea. I did notice them on the fenders of that car, I have seen ALOT of strange things out there let me tell ya. There is a yard at the end of that street that deals in late model (87-03) american vehicles, fantastic guys to deal with.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Hey Tim! I got a set of panels.. Ebay.. today.

:)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks Tim, I will drop in on that yard next time Im in the area on pleasure... I will be in Sac today ( AZ Bus Sales ) on 52nd Ave.for a class and fully intend to squeeze in a lil pony time ;)

Reply to
Mustang GT

So Kate, is your acquaintance with wrecking yards because so many of your cars have ended up in one after a session with your daughter? :-)

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

I wish I could. There seem to be NO yards around here in Tampa bay stocking 94 and up Mustangs. I've tried all the picknpull places I could find as far as Polk county even. No luck. :-( I would love to go 'Mustang Part Hunting' if I could find a yard with some 94+ Stangs in it.

I fear it's cuz we have a 'Greenleaf'. They seem to snatch up all the Mustangs...

Reply to
Paul

LMAO! nope... from the 'lean' years when I was married to her dad.

| > Didn't stop and say to ME didya!! | >

| > Did you find anything fun? | >

| > Kate | | So Kate, is your acquaintance with wrecking yards because so many of | your cars have ended up in one after a session with your daughter? :-) | | 180 Out | TS 28

Reply to
SVTKate

what's a "Greenleaf" ??

| > Didn't stop and say to ME didya!! | | I wish I could. There seem to be NO yards around here in Tampa bay | stocking 94 and up Mustangs. I've tried all the picknpull places I | could find as far as Polk county even. No luck. :-( I would love to go | 'Mustang Part Hunting' if I could find a yard with some 94+ Stangs in | it. | | I fear it's cuz we have a 'Greenleaf'. They seem to snatch up all the | Mustangs... | | | -- | _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue) | |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA) | |__| snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------| Handling: Upper strut brace, 17" wheels, K&N Airfilter| Styling : Mesh grill, Bullitt fuel door, aluminum gauge insert|

Reply to
SVTKate

at 17 Sep 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:VRZ9b.120$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com:

A Ford subsidiary. They recycle cars and parts. It's where my mechanic got my used '98 replacement V6 engine. They got started here in Tampa and are in some other locations now as well. Greenleaf also appears to be where Ford dumps 'overstock' and the likes for all it's brands, as the local one had an 03 Cobra crate engine a lil while back. As well as some brand new Volvo parts...

They not cheap and you go to the desk and ask for parts, no scavenging in the yard.

Reply to
Paul