Just a little update

I haven't posted an update lately and since I dyno tuned my car this weekend I figured this is as good a time as any :). My Cobra had a full exhaust (shorties, catted mid-pipe, cat-back), cool air kit, bigger lower pulley, a chip, and an Afterburner-eFPC. A week ago I added a smaller upper pulley to the mix and updated my chip program.

This weekend I spent a couple of hours on the dyno and got the fuel delivery dialed in. She currently starts out at about 11:1 AFR in the low rpms and that ramps pretty evenly to 12:1 AFR at the top end. I decided to buffer the peak torque band with a bit more fuel. I could go a little leaner with the forged components but I didn't get much change in output when I tweaked the fuel in that direction so I decided to leave it where it's currently at.

The final results were:

Actual output: 391.2 rwhp / 421.6 rwtq SAE output: 465.5 rwhp / 501.7 rwtq

SAE CF was 1.19 which is about as good as I've seen it at about 5300 ft altitude here in Albuquerque. Great air :). The SAE deltas from my previous dyno session were:

Peak change in power: +3.8 hp Peak change in torque: +24.5 ft-lbs

Max change in power: +28.0 hp Max change in torque: +38.7 ft-lbs

Average change in power: +13.5 hp Average change in torque: +20.0 ft-lbs.

I'm pretty happy. I got great gains in the low and mid ranges for about a

2.5 psi increase in boost. Unfortunately, I've run up to the Eaton's efficiency limit, hence the small change in top end power. The Eaton hit a peak boost of 13 psi but dropped off to 10 psi by redline.

Time to start considering alternatives to the Eaton :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan Talso

I'd be more than happy with those figures LOL... *sniffle* my 98 Mustang GT can spank your car!! with it's whopping 225hp!! so take that! *cry* give me your car. :/ jk nice car though.. got pics?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Right here:

:)

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan Talso

Good Lord those are 2 SEXY cars!! I want a Cobra!!!! :(( Insurance would eat me alive!~

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

---- snip ----

Excellent stuff Dan! Congrats on the setup, sounds like you got it dialed in quite nicely... just in time to store it for the winter, eh? Maybe you can get that KB blower ordered and installed over the winter months!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Thanks :). The black one was a special car. I saw her on the road just last night. Still georgious, although the owner needs to wash it more often ;).

Insurance sucks. I pay as much for this car as I would a Corvette :P. But then I'd have to drive a 'Vette. That's not a bad thing, necessarily, I just don't want to *be* a 'vette owner. If ya know what I mean.

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan Talso

Thanks! Store it? Nah. She's my daily and I didn't by her to store her ;). KB might be on the plate. Apten Engineering has a ported and balanced Eaton on the market too. And I just read an add for an upcoming Whipple Charger for the '03. If Works would get off their asses and produce one that would give me four choices :D.

In the spring. In the spring. :)