just bought 04 mach 1

Azure blue. Most fun ive had driving a car in a while

Reply to
Mstngcnv96

04 Azure Blue here. Great car. You'll love it.
Reply to
Happy Camper

Reply to
Tony Alonso

I'm envious. I want one.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Damn Patrick, we're gonna have to quit calling you NoOp. First a 93 decked out Cobra, NOW you want a Mach 1?? What gives??

:-)

//Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Same here only I want yellow. Now where are those darn lotto tickets at?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I've had my '03 Asure Blue one since September 2. I *still* wake up every morning, roll over and look at my wife and say "honey, I get to drive my car today" - She's REALLY tired of hearing it.

When I was shopping, I was torn between the '03 Cobra and the '03 Mach. After a lot of test driving, I took the Mach, not because of the power, but because of its good looks.

This car is too much fun (although from a sheer "performance" fun factor, the '03 Cobra is more fun than any adult should be able to have - unfortunately for me, that would most likely translate into "more tickets than any adult should be able to have"...hence I made the smart choice :)

Reply to
Gary Rodgers

Reply to
dave

I know you feel. I took it one step further. I had a '98 Cobra and made my self nervous at 36,000 miles with breaking my daily driver. So it went bye bye and in came the '71. Now I can "Drive it like I stole it" and not worry about breaking it. It is actually so much more pleasurable.

and the payments are so much more affordable.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

out Cobra, NOW you want a Mach 1?? What gives??

Mike,

If there was any way to get an option-delete version (over priced R models don't count), I'd be there. However, as you know, no options unfortunately is no longer a factory option. And too bad... could you imagine a no option, "drag pack" 5-speed Mach 1? Try to visualize a Mach 1 with no: A/C, stereo equipment, power steering, power windows/locks, rear seat, rear wing or sound deading. But with: a Pro

5.0-style shifter, 4.10 gears, and exhaust tips jetting out just in front of the rear tires. With a few hundred pounds of fat cut off and a set of drag radials installed, that quad cammer could turn mid 12's with ease.

As for how I went from a perfectly optioned stripped LX, to a bloated Cobra... I don't know... I'm thinking those space aliens from Roswell, New Mexico flew up near Albuquerque back in '98 and zapped me with a temporary brain altering gamma ray.

Patrick '93 bloated Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Nah, you're just getting older, that's all..

Joe

Joe,

No way! I still have to overlook the extras on my Cobra. I still hate its leather, sunroof, power seats/windows/mirrors/locks, the ground effects, GT nose, and the drag-inducing rear wing. I tell ya... if I didn't have two kids in college and Ford would build a low-buck no-option performance Mustang my Cobra would be gone.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

LOL! Well, if and when the time comes, please do give me a shout. I'd be happy to own a '93 Cobra. And I'll place a long-term bet with you - when you hit 45, I'll bet you'll be driving something cushier and loving it.

Joe

Joe,

The cars that interest me the most right now are the new Mach 1, BMW M Coupe, WRX Wagon, and Dodge Magnum. So I'm afraid you'll win the bet on a technicality because none of these cars come stripped. And I don't know of any other [relatively inexpensive] performance car that can be ordered unoptioned. The only performance offering I do know of that can be ordered stripped are "naked" sport bikes. They're the same performance bike but without all the plastic fairings and the price tag is substantially lower. Why this trend can't catch on with cars, is beyond me.

If my Cobra goes up for sale, this newsgroup will be the first to know.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Nice group. Lots of variation in there, too.

I think this has gone by the wayside. Can you even get a radio delete option anymore? These days, options are things like video players, satellite navigation systems, satellite radio, etc. Yesterday's options (power everything, even a six-speaker CD player) are today's standard features.

I think because the opposite trend is in full force with cars. People are demanding more standard features for their base price. With that, so long stripper models. No demand for them.

I think if we want real no-option cars, we have to go back about 35 years, back when seat belts were optional.

You'll have at least two dozen people in line within 10 minutes after you post it. ;)

Joe