Just bought a 2000 Mustang

I'm new to this group, but it appears to be just what the doctor ordered for a new Mustang owner!

My wife and I just bought an awesome 2000 Mustang convertible. It's candy-apple red, with a black hood, and is tricked out to look EXACTLY like a Cobra, right down to the racing wheels and tires, dual caliper disk brakes all around, frame stiffening, and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. The previous owner went to great lengths to make this car into a Cobra-clone -- but without the huge engine.

As a result, our insurance is downright affordable, and it's plenty fast for us. (Good thing, since I've got a 14-year old son who will be driving sooner than later...)

ANYWAY, the *only* nit we have to pick about the car is the (IMHO) abnormally long clutch travel. For me it's not bad, but Mary is only five feet tall, so she has to have the seat waaaay forward in order to reach the pedals. As a result, she's having a tough time shifting smoothly, since she has to draw her knee up at an uncomfortable angle to shift.

Is there an affordable "fix" for this? We need to shorten that clutch throw about two inches...

Any other words of wisdom to a new Mustang owner?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Jay Honeck

I took the seat out of the car, took it apart, and ripped about 2" of the foam from the front of the seat. Now, I can easily drive the car like a madman!

Reply to
02TruBlue