Kill, pillage, and spoil...

That would be my course of action today. I tore apart the dash last night to put in the white face gauges that have been hanging up over my work bench for 2 years. I also wanted to put in the brushed aluminum dash bezel I got for free from my little brother also.

Tear it all down. peel off the old stickers...and the new ones don't fit.

I have an '89 GT. 140mph cluster. The gauges I have are for 90-93, yet they don't fit.

Was 87-88 different than 89? Then it changed again in 90?

Thanks,

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I cannot tell you for sure that they are different, however I do see 87 -89 separated from 90 - 93 when listed in my catalogs. Even the lens are listed separately. Sorry, Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

I don't recall what year they changed but the later Fox gauges had a square escutcheon plate type surround on them. That being said I think what Claud said is correct, you can just peal them apart to separate them and install them in the frame. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Well to answer both of you; Yes, they are listed with two different part numbers. 90 was supposed to be the first year of the 140 mph speedometer. Yet my 89 has one. If my speedo in fact came out of a 90 or later model, then the white face panel for the speedo should have worked. Since the ones I had were for 90-93 models. It does not fit though. The tabs are all wrong. Another guy at the shop mentioned that some late production 89's did in fact get the 140 mph speedo, and have the original 85 mph speedo tab setup. So, the shop ordered the 87-89 white face panels for me. They will be here Friday, but my car will be down until then now. Good thing is, I can replace all of the burnt out light bulbs that I have.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Rape the fields and pillage the women!! - Monty Python

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Your info is duly noted, Thanks Don. Enjoy the pillaging and whatnot...StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet