Kudos, Ford! New Boss 302 On The Way!

We've been hearing rumblings about a new Boss 302 for a while now, but nothing confirmed. Well, it now [finally] sounds like the plan is a go. Motor Trend writes: "...Ford will launch a 21st century Boss Mustang. And like the storied Boss Mustangs of 1969, it'll be powered by a rev-happy V-8 of about 5-liters. The new Boss engine is an alloy-block, naturally aspirated V-8 developing from the current modular engine architecture. Whisper out of Dearborn is it's good for at least 390 horsepower, enough to tackle GM's 400-horse LS2. The Boss interior will be stripped out to keep costs down. But the good news for drivers is the car will get the impressive Shelby GT500 suspension setup."

Reply to
NoOption5L

Michael Johnson, PE

Let's hope they don't make the mistake of not offering a convertible option.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I wonder how much different it will be from this.

Robert A. Plourde Jr.

I agree, Michael. Bosses were meant to be track cars/stars, not boulevard cruisers. Keep the 'verts for the GTs & GT500s.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Ahmen!

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Nahh. The Boss is a hardtop all around!!!

Still have my Matchbox car somewhere around here!

FWIW I was 9 years old in 69.......

Reply to
Joey

Since the Shelby GT 500 is way out of my price range, maybe this new stripped down "Boss 302" will be within reality. Any rumor on price point yet or is this all still speculation from M/T?

Dream>I wonder how much different it will be from this.

Reply to
NOLA Robert

It's way too early for that. But if I were to guess, I'd say it'll come in about $4K-$5K less than the GT500.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L