Leaded/Unleaded gas for 69 Mustang

Hi just purchase a 69 Mustang 302 engine. I believe I'm the third of forth owner of the car. I don't know, and I cannot find out, from previous owners, if the valve seat were change when the gas went from Leaded to unleaded. I know that if the valve seat were not change you can buy additive that you put in the gas along with the unleaded and I certainly willing to do that and that is the same as leaded gas.

My question is, if the valve seat has been change and I put some additive in with the unleaded will that be bad for the engine also

Has somebody have experience with that situation and could advise me.

Your co-operation in this matter is really appreciated.

Don

Reply to
waterboy

Don, I'd just drive the car without using additives. If the engine has several thousand miles on it It's probably going to need a rebuild before the valves start having issues anyway. I've had no problems running old stock engines without hardened exhaust seats although when I do rebuild an engine, I always have them installed. It's a matter of longetivity. Using additives on an engine with hardened seats installed will hurt your wallet more than the engine.

Mark

Reply to
Mark C.

Thank you Mark for you advise. That is what I will do not worry about it.

Don

Reply to
waterboy