leaking something?

hello guys,

['95 Stang, about 110 thou. miles on it]

I am a "n00b" to this whole car stuff, anyways I just got my car back from the mechanic and now my stang is leaking some kind of fluid (I think it is the transmission). I tried to take a good look under the car to see where its coming from but I currently don't have a car-jack right now but i can kinda see that it is coming from this black box that says "Ford Metric" i think. I tried to put my hands to feel where the leak is coming from and the fluid is physically RED, so thats why im guessing its the tranny. The tranny is still new and was replaced w/ corvette parts in it. What should I do to stop this leak?

Reply to
loathe

Take it back to the mechanic get him to find out where it's leaking and fix it. Seems pretty logical to me. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Seems logical to me too.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I'll echo the "take it back" suggestions but I gotta ask..... "corvette parts"..... in a Ford transmission????? Can I have some of what you guys are smoking??

Jim Warman

Better take it to a real transmission mechanic and have it checked out. Anyone who told you it was repaired/beefed up with corvette parts is suspect, at best. He is at the very least a liar, at worst, ripping you off for some great upgrade that you obviously didn't receive. In case you're confused... GM transmission parts are not compatible with Ford transmissions...

Reply to
Mustang_66