License plate

Got some plate covers for my '71 so people would quit asking "nice car, what is it?" so we can get down to some serious talk. The holes on the covers are on top while the plates are mounted with the two bottom holes. What gives? There is a removable bracket in the front but none in the rear.

Reply to
goodnigh

People in your area are so lame they don't know what a Mustang is without a plate cover telling them??

Reply to
vince garcia

Probably never saw a Grande before. People comment on the car and I know they are too embarrassed to ask what it is because they always have this pensive look on their face. How many Grandes live on your block :) It does not look like what people think of as a Mustang but it is every inch a Mustang. They only made just over 17,000 in '71 and I don't know how many of those were M-codes. It does get people's attention.

Reply to
goodnigh

That makes sense then. I've always wanted to see a real Grande myself!

Reply to
vince garcia

Even though the Grande was Mustang's luxury car with a "sumptuous" interior, someone, several owners back, had it set up as a 1/8 mile street racer. The person I bought it from had it toned down a bit to make the car more drivable. When I asked my mechanic what type of clutch to use, he asked me how tires do I want to go through in a year. Makes sense.

Reply to
goodnigh

Bought some of those once and had to send them back. Also notice that when in place they partially cover your plate numbers.Another piece of worthless "repro" junk. Fortunately they started re-making the 4 hole ones that say "Ford" on them. Look for this type!! KenG

Reply to
keng2

These have the Ford logo followed by Mustang with the year at the top. Ordered a bracket that may solve the front plate problem. Where would I look for the four hole frames?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Mustangs Plus(800-999-4289) and Mustangs Unlimited(888-398-9898) both have the 4 hole 1971 Ford Mustang frame and probably most of the other Mustang parts suppliers have them KenG

Reply to
keng2

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a pair from mustangsunlimited.com

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Ordered the plates from Mustangsunlimited.com and got an email today (07/25/07) saying the plates had been shipped. Five hours later the package was delivered from the East coast. I live in California. That is impressive service :)

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

"goodnigh" wrote in news:eEMpi.10687$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

So what were the shipping charges?

Reply to
Joe

KenG

Reply to
keng2

$8.95>>

The shipping label said UPS Ground but it came in a DHL package.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

I placed the order 2 days before delivery also. Don't know how they do it, but I will do business with these guys again :)

mike

Reply to
goodnigh