License plate votes / suggestions

Ok people Time to embarrass myself and expose myself to potential flaming

I need license-plate votes or suggestions. I gotta get 'em. Use Y and N after each suggestion, or make your own.

Near-show-quality-painted Dark Highland Green 67 coupe. Very nice appearance, looks stock but isn't. Rumbling dual exhaust bespeaks some V8. No emblems. Many performance mods over original. Nice and quick but no dragster.

GRN-BST (garden variety, but true in both senses)

'7BEAST

OLD-NAG (wife's suggestion, actually kind of like it for ironic wit)

67-5SPD

67-RMOD

And those are the ones I've not eliminated as cheeky or stupid.

My thanks in advance.

Jason

Reply to
67RMod

See below...

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

<memset

"67RMod" wrote

| | | GRN-BST (garden variety, but true in both senses) | N

| '7BEAST | N

| OLD-NAG (wife's suggestion, actually kind of like it for ironic wit) Y

| 67-5SPD | N

| 67-RMOD Y

Suggestion: OL HOSS

Reply to
SVTKate

Good one, thanks! Will add it to list.

Reply to
67RMod

Go to "Tom Schmidt's Mustang Page" and look in the left hand menu for "Vanity Plates" and you'll see his list which is several pages long, and deals with all years.

I like L8R G8R EAT DUST BYE BYE

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Good one, SVTKate. How about:

6T7HOSS

If that's taken, then

6D7HOSS
Reply to
munged

Ohhh... I like those too. Particularly the 6T7 Hoss

| > Suggestion: | > OL HOSS | | Good one, SVTKate. How about: | | 6T7HOSS | | If that's taken, then | | 6D7HOSS

Reply to
SVTKate

I do appreciate (and like) these suggestions, but I am limited to six characters (which makes it so much more difficult!)... so it would have to be 67-HOSS for me.

Back home, I know someone who lived across the line in NY state, and on the old orange plates, he had "FLAMENCO". Yep, eight characters, with an "M" even. He's a published classical and flamenco guitarist. When he moved three miles to CT, he had to settle for KEYOF-E. ;-)

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
67RMod

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Thanks V'ger, I just did. Now, I have more to think about.

I think I'm going to go with my chosen moniker. More opinions are requested from the population at large. "Restomod" is a contrived term for restored & modified Mustangs, and some may dislike it for this reason, but that's what the car is. So 67-RMOD is fairly original, it answers the eternal question "what year is it", and also begs the question "what is RMOD"? And I think it looks pretty cool, too. MOD is obvious. R is not, so people will most likely just accept it and understand it. 67R-MOD would imply it is like an R-Comp car, modified. Not true. It's not an R-Comp, those were limited Shelbys of 1965, if memory serves. The R designation has subsequently been used in 1995 (for the 5.8 Cobra) and in 200x, for another limited-edition Cobra. Maybe 2001 or 2003, I can't remember. But in sixty-seven, there were'ne such a beastie, lassies and laddies

More opinions sought...

---------- How about:

SIX-SEVN

6T-SEVN

SIXTY-7

60-SEVN

and other variations?

---------

V'ger wrote:

Reply to
67RMOD

The ever-popular 67-PONY ?

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I am still pissed about my plates. When I moved to TN and applied for them, I was told that they are "offensive" and will not issue them.

Kate

| > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:18:38 GMT, 67RMod wrote: | >

| >>I do appreciate (and like) these suggestions, but I am limited to six | >>characters (which makes it so much more difficult!)... so it would have | >>to be 67-HOSS for me. | >>

| >>Back home, I know someone who lived across the line in NY state, and on | >>the old orange plates, he had "FLAMENCO". Yep, eight characters, with | >>an "M" even. He's a published classical and flamenco guitarist. When | >>he moved three miles to CT, he had to settle for KEYOF-E. ;-) | >>

| > Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information | > used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford | > Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans, | > 16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce | > T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" | > Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; ) |

Reply to
SVTKate

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

I like that one. I owned a 65 A-code fastback for about three months, a rolling shell, was going to buy it to replace my first 67 coupe. For financial reasons I stuck with the 67, and got a nice T-code cheaply to modify. Still wish I had that fastback from time to time... it would have had a my 302 in it anyway, orig. motor was sold. Gorgeous cars.

Very befitting...

I like the first two better. A favorite... I saw a 66 hi-po / 4-spd. with "1QCK66" on it. Tried to come up with similar things with "7" but haven't come up with anything.

I'm still on the fence with OLD-NAG, OL-HOSS and variations, and my

67RMOD. Wife thinks the last one is BOR-ING
Reply to
67RMOD