Light at the end of the tunnel?

My 05 GT is #5 on the list of IUP delayed cars at my dealer. I stopped in today, and #1 has a build date of March 06. #2 was at some state other than "nothing". He's thinking mine will be in March as well.

:)

Getting there.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Why is it taking so long? Special order?

They are at every dealership you pass out here in teh sticks even.

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah, with the Interior Upgrade Package that had the part shortage. Me an 26 others at this dealer alone.

I'd wager good money very few have the IUP. The dealers here have more, too, but they seem to be all V6.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

I think the Interior Upgrade Package with the "My Colors" is the, or was the slow down because of a law suit over the color system.

Reply to
Gill

Oh, I am sure that you are absolutely right. I have only seen one so far with the brushed metal finish on the steering wheel.

Hope you ger her soon!

Reply to
SVTKate

Lawsuit over the color system?

| > They are at every dealership you pass out here in teh sticks even. | >

| I think the Interior Upgrade Package with the "My Colors" is the, or was | the slow down because of a law suit over the color system. | | -- | Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT | With Bits and Pieces |

SVTKate

Hard to say. The radio ads here specifically specifically touted the My Colors last month. Ford didn't seem too concerned about that.

It's the lack of info that's frustrating. I'm trying to find Bill Ford's email. I want him to know that I *was* going to go all Ford and replace my aging Dodge Ram with an F-150, but Ford's lack of information on all this has me pissed off and I'm looking at Sierras and Rumble Bees again. I mean, even my dealer wasn't getting a lot of info.

Or I may just wait and see if Jeep goes and brings the Gladiator concept to production.

Wicked. :-) The side mount spare makes it all click.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Reply to
Gill

Hey! I saw a Rumble Bee the other day! On the back of a tow truck.

Not bent, must have been broken.

no joke..

Doesn't all the plastic fakie stuff on thos kinda give you the heebie jeebies? I mean, after you get over the first impression and start REALLY looking at them?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

All that fake stuff on them makes them look like a huge toy. My truck parked next ton one looks tiny. My truck also has wiped the shit eating grill off of one or two ;) I still love my 10 year old, 165,000 mile, almost stock F150! It's for sale though because I love my girlfriend more :) Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Umm... How is that you are choosing between a vehicle and a girlfriend?

Kate

| > Not bent, must have been broken. | >

| > no joke.. | >

| > Doesn't all the plastic fakie stuff on thos kinda give you the heebie | > jeebies? | > I mean, after you get over the first impression and start REALLY looking at | > them? | >

| > Kate | >

| | All that fake stuff on them makes them look like a huge toy. My truck | parked next ton one looks tiny. My truck also has wiped the shit eating | grill off of one or two ;) I still love my 10 year old, 165,000 mile, | almost stock F150! It's for sale though because I love my girlfriend | more :) | Erik D. | '94 white lightning | '01 white GT |

Reply to
SVTKate

Coming home one day last summer in the Cobra with the top down. Some moron in a new SRT-10 (still had dealer plates) pulls up next to me and hollers 'let's race!' This is in the middle of heavy commute traffic on the 580! Waved him on and turned up the radio. He proceeded to race anyway. Couple days later I see him again, this time he's on the uphill side of the Altamont with the hood up and steam pouring out. LMAO! Never saw that truck again...

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Rick Olive

Hey Kate. I am not really choosing between a vehicle and a girlfriend. I am just at a point in my life where I don't really need my truck. I am looking for a house, and an expensive piece of jewelry for my girlfriend at the same time, and my truck just sits in the driveway. It would be a different story if I didn't have a girlfriend that I really loved. I'd be happy to leach off of the parents for longer, but the time has come for me to get out of here. If I drove the truck more often it would be harder to get rid of it, but in the past four months I drove the truck once. The one time I drove it, it got rear ended. So now its in my driveway wounded, lol. With the money I get for my truck, I could have a pretty decent beginning of a downpayment for a house, so thats why I am selling it. I am hoping the price on them stays low, because in a few years when I get settled and actually have some money, i'd love to get another one. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Once you by house, you'll find you need the truck at least once every couple weeks..

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Thats what friends and family are for ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

At LEAST! Probabaly allot more.

Wish you the best Erik! Sounds to me like you are making a fairly logical decision.

kate

| >SVTKate wrote: | >> Umm... | >> How is that you are choosing between a vehicle and a girlfriend? | >>

| >> Kate | >>

| >Hey Kate. I am not really choosing between a vehicle and a girlfriend. | > I am just at a point in my life where I don't really need my truck. I | >am looking for a house, and an expensive piece of jewelry for my | >girlfriend at the same time, and my truck just sits in the driveway. It | >would be a different story if I didn't have a girlfriend that I really | >loved. I'd be happy to leach off of the parents for longer, but the | >time has come for me to get out of here. If I drove the truck more | >often it would be harder to get rid of it, but in the past four months I | >drove the truck once. The one time I drove it, it got rear ended. So | >now its in my driveway wounded, lol. With the money I get for my truck, | >I could have a pretty decent beginning of a downpayment for a house, so | >thats why I am selling it. I am hoping the price on them stays low, | >because in a few years when I get settled and actually have some money, | >i'd love to get another one. | >Erik D. | >'94 white lightning | >'01 white GT | | Once you by house, you'll find you need the truck at least once every | couple weeks.. | | Chuck

Reply to
SVTKate