Light Question

Hi again all...

After finally getting my 5.0 to pull like a 5.0, I now have a new problem, albeit, a minor one: my interior light won't go off. Just happened yesterday. I had to pull the bulb to spare the battery, but at night, it really sucks.

Any idea why this happened? And how to fix it?

Thanks AGAIN,

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

Sorry, Brad...... you're gonna have to post at least the year with each help request to get good advice. First thing comes to mind is a pooched door switch or a problem with the headlight switch (like maybe the dome light is turned ON at the light switch?). In newer models modules and relays get involved in the diagnostic scene.

Jim Warman

I'll have to check the manuals.... laptop is at work right now. It would be mid to late '90s when lighting control modules and module networking entered the scene so yours should be relatively easy to troubleshoot. Start with the door switch that gets used the least - usually either passenger door or hatch since these can collect dust and stick.

Jim Warman

Thanks Jim... I'll do this asap. BTW, does the little "ding ding" bell go off when either door is open, and the hatch too?

Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
Brad