LOCKING HEADER BOLT SYSTEM

Hi,

I have not used these, but need to get one out. do I take clip out, then use hex drive to get bolt out ?

mustang 5.0

Reply to
chuck

The ones I am familiar with consist of 3 pieces. The bolt, a crescent-shaped piece and a c-clip. After removing the clip and the crescent shaped piece, the bolt is removed by whichever means works best. I've seen both hex-drive and standard sockets used on these.

HTH

-- John C. '03 Cobra convt. '00 Cobra R

Reply to
John C.

Thanks, what is a good way to remove c clip ? small screwdriver and twist in space in slot ? (can't see the c-clip much at all, and perhaps 4 inches of working room, one handed from topside)

Reply to
chuck

"chuck" wrote in news:grtt1o$jsp$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Screwdriver works just fine.