Looking for info on a 1969 Mach I Cobra Jet 428

I'm looking for information about a friend's 1969 Mach I Cobra Jet 428 that I will probably soon be selling. I'm fairly knowledgable about cars in general, but certainly don't know enough about this model yet. I've determined some information, so I'll include that below. What I'd really like to know is:

- What other information should I be sure to find out, information that a knowledgable interested party would want to know, beyound the usual condition of things, mileage, etc. (I will have good photos later.)

- What do you think is the best venue for selling this car?

- What is the best method to determine the value of this car?

- Any other things you think I should know...

Thank you,

Mick Ruthven

--------------------------- CodeCrackerT results for 9T02R160163 model year: 1969 built at: Metuchen (Edison, NJ) bodystyle: SportsRoof engine: 428 CID - 4V "Cobra Jet" (Ram-Air) consecutive #: 160163 body series: SportsRoof - Mach 1 trim (Hi-back buckets) scheduled assy.: January 10, 1969 exterior color: Unk. code - check entry interior trim: Charcoal Black vinyl w/ "clarion" knit vinyl inserts sales office (DSO): New York, NY ("BX") axle ratio: 3.25:1 "Traction-Lok" transmission: "C-6" automatic

Reply to
Mick Ruthven

Ebay would be the place to offer up this car. Take lots of pictures and build yourself a decent web page. Write up a very detailed description, and go from there. Real world market value is determined by the cars originality, it's interior condition, exterior condition, the condition of the paint, the condition of the mechanical. With such a flux in the Mach I market right now, it is going to be a tough "guess" to place an actual value on the car without seeing it up close and personal. I will tell you in advance, that if you decide to have an appraisal done on the car, make sure it is a market appraisal, and not an insurance replacement appraisal, as the two are worlds apart............

Bill S.

Horsepowered dot com is not authorized to use my posts, if you see this on their web site, print it out and email me for the fax number it need to be sent to.

Mick Ruthven wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks, Bill.

- About your "make sure it is a market appraisal, and not an insurance replacement appraisal, as the two are worlds apart", which one would be the higher or lower number?

- What's the difference between regular eBay and eBay Motors?

Reply to
Mick Ruthven

Ebay motors is the place to be, as they have a section just for mustangs................

Bill S.

Mick Ruthven wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks again, Bill.

Would you mind elaborating on your "make sure it is a market appraisal, and not an insurance replacement appraisal, as the two are worlds apart". That is, which one would be the higher or lower number?

Reply to
Mick Ruthven

Hey Mick,

The insurance appraisal is for a replacement value of the car (usually set high), while a current market appraisal is what the car, in it's current condition should sell for if placed up for sale. Far too many people mix up one for the other, thereby not being realistic when setting their sale price, and being stuck with the car they wished to sell. Some people will point to other car "similar" to theirs, but not really doing a true apples to apples comparison of the two. Items like originality, options, level of correct detailing, even the interior and exterior color combination all play a factor in each and every antique car out on the market.............

I do hope that you find this helpful as well.........Any other questions, just let me know......

Sincerely,

Bill S.

Mick Ruthven wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Christian,

I do not authorize the use of this post, or any others at this time for your web site connected forum from this news group. As is my right as the coordinator on record for the RAMFM public news group. If I find them listed on your site again, before an agreement has been established, I will follow through with my Tuesday morning phone call and release of the certified mail.

Bill S.

Bill S. wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Bill, possibly you replied to the wrong message in the wrong thread for your last one??

Reply to
Mick Ruthven

Nope, as I saw that Christian again picked and choose which of my postings to place on his web site this morning, without my permission.

Bill S.

Mick Ruthven wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.