Loose sounding driveshaft/rear diff - 2002 GT

I have a 2002 GT still under warranty and am about to take it in for some small items (one windshield washer doesnt squirt), and wonder if I should complain about or accept the loose sounding driveshaft/rear diff.

Is this something that "just is" on the Mustangs? Basically, I hear it when I engage the clutch and the rear is freewheeling.... sounds like a slap or a loose U-Joint, but I heard that it was "normal." If I ease the clutch out really slow then it doesnt happen.

Any thoughts on this?

Craig

Reply to
Craig Plesco

Check your driveshaft bolts. If they are loose you'll need a 12 point 12mm wrench and some Loc-Tite for the threads.

Helmut Roner

1988 GT
Reply to
HELMUT RONER