love my mach 1

i've probably introduced myself before. name here is jack. i've had an '04 mach 1 for six weeks or so, and i just got back from an exxxxtra long weekend of driving it. i took it on a ~1000 mile trip, broken down as follows:

o ~400 mile trip to $destination o ~200 miles misc. driving @ $destination o ~400 mile return trip home

man, i can't ask for too much more... i could ask for a cobra (i've driven a screamin' yellow '04), but you know what? for my rookie (ok, i admit it) ass, i am not settling for too much with my mach.

farging rookie in a tricked out Eclipse thought he had some shyt. heh. heh. he gave up before i left second gear. i'm not really about racing -- i don't know what got into me. but i had to humor that bastard. heh. heh.

anyway, i'm a first time pony owner, and i think FoMoCo has done a great job with the mach 1. well i'm happy anyway. i just thought i'd mention all this while it is still fresh on my mind what a great time i had driving this weekend.

six weeks in, and that shaker scoop still gives me wood when it rumbles....

-- '04 Mach 1, Torch Red (pix soon) Steeda Tri-Ax (1quick6 shifter gasket set)

Reply to
bitbucket

Aint love grand!

Good to hear that you love your baby... so... what's her/his name?

What? You have not named your Stang yet???

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Glad to hear you're enjoying your car... keep safe and learn to drive it well (no shame in being green... everyone starts somewhere)... a few little suspension mods (subframe connectors and the like) could help boost your enjoyment of your mach 1.

I have a word to the wise though... about those little Eclipses. If you see one with a GSX badge on the back, think twice. $500 or so worth of mods puts those cars in the 12-second range.. a place where your stock mach 1 won't take you... and they handle pretty good too, even stock. A real DSM tuner usually won't have all of that Fast and Furious crap though...

Oh, and by the way, if you have a Tri-Ax in your mach... don't set the stop bolts. The Tremec transmission has a built-in stop system.... the bolts can't help you and could possibly harm the transmission if they're set too closely.

JS

rumbles....

Reply to
JS

Reply to
Tony Alonso

This is no joke. My friend's Eclipse has run 12.2s at 112 in nasty humidity and 100 degree temps, still with its stock turbo. With this weekend's expected cooler temps, he's hoping to dip into the 11s. If anyone's interested, I'll post his site's link.

Enjoy that Mach, they're great cars... love to have one. Take a trade for a '93 Cobra?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

rumbles....

Reply to
Michael Seeley

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 05:37:27 GMT, JS wrote: | Glad to hear you're enjoying your car... keep safe and learn to drive it | well (no shame in being green... everyone starts somewhere)... a few little | suspension mods (subframe connectors and the like) could help boost your | enjoyment of your mach 1.

definitely plan on shoring up the chassis before any HP mods. i hope to have time to install my strut tower brace next weekend. and i think i found someone to weld in some global west sfcs -- i hope to have that done in September.

| I have a word to the wise though... about those little Eclipses. If you see | one with a GSX badge on the back, think twice. $500 or so worth of mods | puts those cars in the 12-second range.. a place where your stock mach 1 | won't take you... and they handle pretty good too, even stock. A real DSM | tuner usually won't have all of that Fast and Furious crap though...

like i said -- i'm really not a racer, so i'm careful. when i was in high school, i knew kids that raced for titles. that's nothing i want to be involved in, but i may take her to the track as soon as i feel she's broken in.

| Oh, and by the way, if you have a Tri-Ax in your mach... don't set the stop | bolts. The Tremec transmission has a built-in stop system.... the bolts | can't help you and could possibly harm the transmission if they're set too | closely.

i do -- that was my first mod. i found a reference here, i think, about removing the stop bolts, and so i did. i wonder why Steeda doesn't make mention of that in their instructions..?

-- '04 Mach 1, Torch Red (pix soon) Steeda Tri-Ax (1quick6 shifter gasket set)

Reply to
bitbucket

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:38:50 -0400, Tony Alonso wrote: | Hope to see you on the Mach 1 Registry

| sometime - congrats! i registered an account over there, and i've tooled around the forums a bit. it's a great site -- lots of good information. but i wished more people used usenet -- i hate having to drive a web browser!

-- '04 Mach 1, Torch Red (pix soon) Steeda Tri-Ax (1quick6 shifter gasket set)

Reply to
bitbucket

The tuner crowd is probably pretty pissed off at mitsu for no longer offering a turbo'd eclipse.

Rein

I thought their biggest mistake was going with the tame V6 in the GT models and discontinuing the AWD option. A friend of mine has one, and they're slugs compared to the turbo-4 cars.

I think they should have put the effort that went into the EVO into the Eclipse instead. A new Eclipse with a turbo-4, AWD, and all of the go-fast goodies (Brembo brakes, Recaro seats, etc) that comes standard on the EVOs would have been a natural....

Oh well.

JS

Reply to
JS

---- snip ----

Really? Do you know what models they started doing this on? My '00 T-45 definitely doesn't have stops.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

The Tremec transmissions (mid-'01 and newer) have built-in stops inside the transmission, and I'm pretty sure that the T-56 in the '03-04 Cobra does as well...

The T-45 doesn't have the internal stops...

JS

Reply to
JS

Based on the way the new Cobra's shifter felt, I'd say there are definately stops built in. Felt like an aftermarket shifter.

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

i agree with that - ford def did a nice job with the mach. congrats!

very quick too - i ran with one at the local 8th mile and we were neck and neck, i just BARELY edged him out

- Chris '04 comp orange cobra vert

Reply to
Christopher Shea

Put in an aftermarket shifter and you know it's not even close.

Rein