LX tail light swap questions

I just bought a set of 87-93 LX tail lights for my 90 GT. They are the complete units, not just the lenses. They are not new, but upon a pretty close inspection I've concluded they are in very good condition. Since this seems like a project I can tackle myself, I plan to on the first nice day I'm off. However, I have a couple of questions.

Is there a product on the market for shining the lenses? While these appear clean and scratch-free, I'd like to try polishing them up just a bit. Also, there seems to be some rubber washers for each of the bolts on the lights that attach them to the body. I'd like to start with new ones. Can someone tell me what I need to ask for, and where I should be able to purchase them?

Thanks,

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

I think there are commercial polishs for plastics on the market but being an old fart I use Brasso ( sounds weird but it works) then I use a good wax.

I think you may find the washers are actually a gooey tar like sealant. You could find an auto body supply store in your area they will most likely have some or a windshield place. HTH StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

There is a product called plastic restore

or Novus

JJ

randy pavatte wrote:

Reply to
Jeremy

On my instrument panel I used 3M polishing compound (not rubbing compound), then used a 3M plasic polish. I have before & after pix on my website.

"speedo_04" is the before, following are obviously afters.

-Dave

88 GT 93 LX

Reply to
HeadClam