MACH I or Grande

While looking through printed and online catalogues, you rarely find reference to "Grande". As far as ordering simple body parts, may I assume the Grande and MACH I share many of the same parts? Mine is a 1971 Grande 1F04M with body style 65F.

Reply to
goodnigh

Grande's used the hardtop bodystyle. Mach 1's used the sportsroof (aka fastback) bodystyle.

Reply to
Brent P

I used to own a 71 coupe/notchback (same as the Grande) back in 1980. I now own a 72 mach1. The only difference that I can tell is (besides the sportroof/fastback roof) is that the trunk lid and the trunk hinge spring rods are significantly different, meaning that the mach1 has a shorter trunk lid and different trunk hinge spring rods. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other differences with the rest of the body. Hope this helps. Dave

Reply to
nospam

Wasn't the Grande more of an upgrade in appointments... similar to the Pony and Deluxe concepts? Things like seat materials and such?

Reply to
Spike

That helps. Now I look for Mach I parts when it comes to the body. This Grande has a 9" Mach I drive train and toploader. That says something. It is a fun car to drive.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

After doing some reading about Mustangs, I have come to the conclusion, the Grande is basically a Mach1 with a trunk. Both models had deluxe appointments in '71. The Grande was touted as the car for the mature generation, whatever that means. Designed for the family man or not, my Grande is screaming fast and sticks to the road like it is on a track.

Reply to
goodnigh

Sounds like my 72 CJ

Reply to
Spike

The secret is the Cleveland. Take my somewhat modified '71 Grande, add about $6,000 in enhancements and it will out perform my friend's '06 Roush in many areas.

Reply to
goodnigh