Made a HUGE Mistake today

Drove an '04 Cobra.

Yep, I was killing some time waiting to pickup my kid from school and I couldn't resist the urge. They had a shitload of them too. 2 black ones, a deep red one, a bunch of assorted verts and THE car...a bright yellow coupe with chrome wheels.

Holy sh*t Batman!!?? I have no practical use for this damn thing but I fell in love.

I snnapped a pic with my cell phone now if I can figger out how to email it to myself I'll upload it.

Gee...what IS the car payment on a 30,000 car????

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

$30,000, plus what?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

In my experience... Wait three years, buy it used from a dealer, and you can get into it for $12,000.

It may have 40-50K miles... but you'll save a bundle! Later, Shaun!

--------

Check out my Homepage

delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!

Reply to
Shadowhawk

About $550 a month Mike... and you make them 4-freaking-ever!

I STILL have three years of payments on my car!

Reply to
SVTKate
30K?? The sexy little convertible on the floor at my local dealer stickered at $40K-plus.
Reply to
CGrn

Go to

and use their calculator. I got my '02 GT on 0%, and I owe $7000.

Reply to
Mitch

Step # 1 - Sell your soul to the devil.

Reply to
John

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

It's too much, whatever it is. Dude, sell everything you've got and buy it. ;)

Joe

Less than it is on my new truck.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Well spoken John... got his number? I've been waxing and scrubbing all morning to get ready to go to Nashville tomorrow... I think I would like a new one... well, I'd like to be thin and 25 again too, the possibilities of EITHER happening are about equal.

Kate

| > >Gee...what IS the car payment on a 30,000 car???? | >

| > Go to

and use their calculator. | > I got my '02 GT on 0%, and I owe $7000. | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Did you go 60 months?? Longer...?

Here are (were) my impressions.

  1. Very heavy clutch, but with 400ft/lbs torque I guess it's necessary.

  1. Unless the side bolsters on the seats will adjust, then I'm too big for the seats. Noticed this in the EVO as well with it's Recarros. I'm only 230 but am pretty wide through the upper back. Also maybe I didn't have the seats adjusted down enough but it seemed like the shifter was too hard to get too. Down too far are something.

  2. Sounded incredible for a factory system. I would've sworn it had an aftermarket exhaust but I checked. Nope.

  1. Is pretty docile just putting around, but hammer it and big things happen. Blower whine is cool :-) This one had an after market filter and shroud. Yuck.

  2. Interior-wise (yeah, I'm big on interiors) was pretty much BTDT. Reminded my of a fancier version of the 97 I had.

  1. Brakes were impressive for a Mustang :-) Dig the IRS.

  2. Too expensive. This one was an '03 with 25K on it or so. They wanted
27.5K. The motor is the highlight but for that much money, I'll wait until the prices drop and buy one with a few more miles. I found my 97 in 2001 with only 29,000 miles. Maybe in a few years I'll find a nice '03 or '04 with low miles for a song :-) Until then, I'm still going to be 528i shopping :-)

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to