MAF & cold air kit fits?

Ive sent to summitracing but wont hear back till next week. Someone must know this.

In the middle of a project, Ive got a BBK #1557 cold air kit sitting on the floor, because of situation change I need to upgrade my fuel injectors and MAF. The BBK site says this cold air kit wont fit aftermarket MAFs. The summit site says that the Granatelli MAF is 90mm and will require mods to the air tube, but suggested part is the same BBK cold air kit. And the Granatelli site says the MAF is a stock OEM replacement whether its 19lb or 24lb calibrated.

So who is telling the truth? If I get 24lb injectors, matching Granatelli MAF, will it fit my BBK cold air kit that I already have?

Thanks,

Reply to
faust_151

What year/engine is the car ?

90 mm seems too big, you could have stability problems, engine rpm hunting, etc I have 24lb injectors with a 75 mm and got it tuned. If a 5.0, no need to bother with cold air, it already is.

Reply to
gernic

Mine is either 75 or 80. And I was told I'd be good even if I added a blower.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Ive got a 89 GT. Summit and jegs didnt seem to have any other MAFs besides these 90mm granatellis. What kind of MAF do you have? Manufacturer or part number even? I'll have to keep looking for a 24 lb MAF that will fit I guess. Thanks

Reply to
faust_151

Ive got a 89 GT. Summit and jegs didnt seem to have any other MAFs besides these 90mm granatellis. What kind of MAF do you have? Manufacturer or part number even? I'll have to keep looking for a 24 lb MAF that will fit I guess. Thanks

Reply to
Krieg Suden