MAF removal question

'98 3.6L V-6

I've got the MAF exposed. Removed one T-20 TORX. But it looks like the second bolt has some sort of gray cap that fits in the head that prevents me from getting the bit into the slots. The other bolt had no such covering and came right off.....

Anyone know about this?....

Reply to
timbirr

Epoxy... kind of a "double tamper-proof". I use a small pair of vise grips to remove and install these.

Reply to
Jim Warman

As I was staring at the darn thing, I got the same idea and managed to get the thing loose......cleaned the MAF with contact cleaner and idle problem solved....Thanks for the reponse....

Reply to
timbirr