Mass air conversion?

Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does anyone out there still sell a conversion kit?

Reply to
Mark C.

The search was so easy I don't care that you should have done it yourself :)

For the 2005 Ford Racing catalog, go here:

Look on page 100 Hurry...supplies are limited.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Mark,

I have to ask. Why are you converting?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Someday I'd like to install a 347 stroker and speed density can't handle that kind of mod. I also would like to convert to a 5 speed and need a new cpu anyway.

Reply to
Mark C.

If "someday", isn't within the next year or so, I'd wait.

FYI -- Speed density (SD) can handle most mods - exhaust, heads, roller rockers, intakes, T/Bs, even supercharging. A 5-speed swap isn't a problem either. In fact, back in the day, swapping CPUs from automatic trans equipped car to manual equipped cars was the hot thing to do.

The only problem SD has is with cam changes.

Patrick '93 Cobra

anyone

Reply to
NoOption5L

I'm just afraid they'll discontinue the kit.

Reply to
Mark C.

You can convert to MAF quite a bit cheaper by using an 1988(California)

- 1989 factory EEC computer harness, these cars came with MAF systems already. To convert, pull your original computer to engine harness and install 88-89 harness,computer, MAF meter w/bracket/hoses and remove hose from MAP sensor to intake and let vent. Cost is generally $250-$275 for a NICE used setup.

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy