Memorial Day means Mustang Show

...at least here in the western Philly suburbs.

Photos from the Valley Forge Mustang Club show today are up:

Once again, I'm sorry to say that the number of Foxes is approaching the number of Mustang IIs at this show. The field used to be lousy with them, but there were maybe a dozen present. (Not counting mine.)

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Nice pics.

Reply to
WindsorFo

up:

Cool stuff!!!

Reply to
John S.

MISSED IT ! I was up there in Phila site seeing too, did not know, nice show pixs,

--93 5.0 8# ex-copcar

Reply to
chum ley

Hope you enjoyed the photos of the Fox 5.0's.

When TFrog was still new, I drove it down to Orlando. Got to see the Florida patrol driving along in a nice 5.0, even gave him a thumbs up as I passed him on the right. (Hey, he was going too slow in the left lane.)

I'm sure they made great chase cars, but probably not suitable for general police work.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I've had two ex cop cars, a 87 and this 93, bought both at auction, the 87 had lots of cigarette burns, 110,000 miles and the light through the pillar, and it was very fast, almost scary through the 20 to 50 mph range, it was speed density. I was going to put a blower on, but checked compression on it, and it was uneven two cylinders were high (carbon). (Motor mounts were shot when I got the 87.)

So I sold it, and got the 93, last of the 5.0 for cops, had an air bag, 95K miles and closed loop (lost about 20 hp or more from above speed density), but compression was even and lower than the 87. But this car had been rolling 24/7 for a small town, no ciggy burns but lots of screw holes for radio equipment. had a joint (from a drug bust) under the mat in the trunk, and some weird interlock on the brakes and ignition. Records showed it had oil changed every month, but the plugs had never been changed.

no trunk space for cop stuff, good for speeders on the freeway. Tx used them for years

On the road, I see a fox body 5.0 only once in few months now, the only ones left here are modified ones.

Reply to
chum ley