MIL eliminators

First off... let me just say.. I am *not* getting an off-road crossover pipe. BUT... I do wonder what MIL eliminators are (I almost typed MILF hehe caught myself though) and how they work. As far as I know, they supposedly replace O2 sensors?? Would you need MIL eliminators with an H-pipe that only had 2 hi-flow cats? TIA.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors
Reply to
<memset

cobra boy

Ok cool. Thx. Any luck finding a new car yet? Any prospects?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

MIL eliminators trick the computer. On the newer model cars, the check engine light will go one when you go to an O/R X or H pipe. The Mil's plug into the O2 sensor wires, tricking the computer.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

oic... but wouldn't that affect gas mileage & how the car performs? since it isn't an accurate reading?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

They trick the puter into thinking all is hunky dory so you do get optimum preformance.

dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Ah... thx.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Get that other flowmaster on yet? If so how does it sound?

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Yep... it's on.. but I need to weld a couple hangers in. Sounds absolutely

*HOT*!! People are turning heads as I approach! It's great! Blows away the turbo mufflers that I thought were so great! (They were, but these are better)

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

They are only used on the after-cat O2's which are used to track converter efficiency for OBDII compliance. They are not used on the front 2 sensors which the computer uses to verify a/f ratio.

Reply to
WraithCobra

So if you have an O/R H-pipe... it has fittings for the 2 front O2 sensors?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

It should.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Huh... neat. Well, one of my cats is leaking... passenger side, closest to exhaust manifold. I'm planning on just replacing the entire H-pipe with an H-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats. Any recommendations? I am not too concerned with whether or not I gain power... I know that there won't be any MASSIVE power gains (if any really), but it'd be nice if maybe exhaust was a *tad* deeper and/or louder. I still haven't heard it from outside the car.. so I dunno. I really should change my sig...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

weeee changed sig ;).

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

They're only hooked up to the rear O2 sensors. If you disable the front O2 sensors, the computer will take its calculations for fuel based only on the intake side with no feedback of how it's doing on the exhaust side. The front O2 sensors allow your computer to run at closed loop and provide more exact air/fuel ratios.

Now, the rear O2 sensors... they're on the car to make sure the cats are doing their job and keeping exhaust emissions levels down. They are of no harm in a stock car, but most aftermarket H/X pipes don't have the fittings for them, and thus the need to use the eliminators to keep the check engine light from coming on and the computer from going into open loop mode (reduced performance) in some models.

JS

Reply to
JS

I think you meant to say "off road" H/X pipes? My Bassani catted X has the four bungs for the sensors.

Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT P-1SC & Some MM Stuff

JS wrote: but most aftermarket H/X pipes don't have the fittings

Reply to
Gill

I drove a '01 convert, silver and black, with 20k miles on it on monday. They want $20K for it. It's nice but I don't know if I want to spend $20k for it, although that's not a bad price for it. I still have problems shifting with my shoulder so I might have to wait another month or so. I think I'm starting to get too fussy as i'd love to have another green and tan one and the closest one I found so far is a '99 in conneticut, I live in pennsylvania. There are alot of black and red ones close by but I'm still looking. I've got to get my bosses (wife's) permission yet also. lol excobra boy

Reply to
cobra boy