Mileage - 2006 GT Coupe.

To all concerned Mustangers..... We took our first long distance ride. 2006 GT Coupe, 4.6L w/ Auto Trans. We went from Tampa, Fl. to Florence, S.C. We turned 1050 miles using the interstates. Route 75 and route 95, traveling at 70 miles per hour, using the cruise control, a/c was running we ruened 26.5 miles per gallon. 26.5 MPG

Ron in Gator Land

Reply to
Ron Crismond

My 05 5-speed was turning 31mpg to San Antonio from Houston at 70mph according to the dash readout. Dropped real fast when kicked up to 130mph to about 14mpg.

Reply to
RM v2.0

Recently took a long road trip in a new 2008 GT with a 5 Speed. From California to Arizona and back. According to the MPG readout, my best was 32 MPG in the High Country kicking back at 55 or less. More typical was 27.5 MPG on I 40 moving at 75, the posted limit in AZ. However, since I have owned the car, the fuel used numbers vs the amount put into the tank at the pump has always read less. If the computer tells me I burned 11.5 Gallons, the filling station pump says like 12.6. This seems consistent over the last 3,000 miles. Makes me wonder which one is correct.

Reply to
columbotrek

Service station pumps are tested by the agency responsible for weights and measures; maybe the state, maybe the county; and so should be more trustworthy than an unverified car computer.

I'm not sure that any agency checks service station pumps in places like Carjackistan and that "Live Free or Die" state. :-D

Reply to
Bob Willard

You kind of have to go with the science and govererned-ness of the pump, modified by your ability to manage the nozzle, haven't you?

I have kept careful logs of what the "computer" in the car says, as opposed to what my observations reveal. It's clear by now (4000 miles in the book) the computer is optimistic in Gallons Used (Fewer Is Better), pessimistic in Miles to Empty (by at least two gallons' worth), and oddly enough, pretty close on Avg MPG. I believe the discrepancies have to do with conditions of car use just prior to fill-ups (gentle freeway driving seems to bring the green-dotted numbers closer to [my] reality), phase of the lunar cycle, and how you hold your mouth when pumping 91 octane.

We started a trip with just over 300 miles on a new GT/CS manual shifter. At the end, we had traveled 2,692.9 miles, used $443.04 worth of fuel, and got 25.90 MPG. That included some drag racing and high-speed West Texas cruising, as well as 700 miles of "don't maintain the same speed for the first 1000 " break-in miles. Oh, yeah: a short stretch of 140 mph (by GPS) stability tests (like a fast rock). Virtually all with the air conditioning on.

Descending from Flagstaff to Phoenix the dash told me we were getting near 40 MPG, but after catching the lunch traffic the fill-up showed

31.90 MPG. Earlier, the San Diego to Yuma was 31.51 MPG.
Reply to
Frank ess