Missing VEC (Vehicle Emission Control) Label

I have 1993 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang that has lost its VEC (Vehicle Emission Control) label.

Can anyone tell me how I can obtain a replacement label? (I have been told they are vehicle- and engine-specific.)

Thanks!

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Take the cars VIN # to your local ford dealers parts counter and have them order a replacement. I have had to do this with a couple of vehicles in the past.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

THANKS!

Reply to
Steve Forrester

I'm not so sure they can do that anymore. I tried that here in OK with the '01 Ranger I bought a couple of months ago and had no luck. Might be different for you guys in California with the stricter smog laws though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

According to myford.com, any local dealership should be able to provide a replacement sticker if I provide them with my VIN.

One local dealership said they need the VIN and the number from the old sticker (or the VIN and the number from the sticker of any similarly equipped vehicle - same year, engine, gears, A/C).

Another local dealership knew nothing about it, but agreed to pursue the matter on my behalf with only the VIN.

I will let the group know what the final outcome is.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

UPDATE The Ford Dealership has ordered the replacement VECI sticker and expects it to be delivered next week. Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester