Modless Wonder FOX Challenge!

Do I win?

1990...Mustang GT

Owned since new...

Mods!

Removed Air Silencer...

Exhaust...Dynomax Turbo Catback 2.5 (stocks rusted out!)

End of mods!

Was a BEAUTIFUL day today here in the NYC metro area....washed the car finally (looked like crap)...my Z-28 needs an inspection and I took out ye old '69 pontiac (aka my former Mustang supercharger funds) last weekend..

Here she is from this afternoon after a washing...if this IS global warming, how come we only hear about the BAD aspects...what about 70 degrees in NYC? :-)

Jimmy..

Reply to
Jimmy

Do I win?

1990...Mustang GT

Owned since new...

Mods!

Removed Air Silencer...

Exhaust...Dynomax Turbo Catback 2.5 (stocks rusted out!)

End of mods!

Was a BEAUTIFUL day today here in the NYC metro area....washed the car finally (looked like crap)...my Z-28 needs an inspection and I took out ye old '69 pontiac (aka my former Mustang supercharger funds) last weekend..

Here she is from this afternoon after a washing...if this IS global warming, how come we only hear about the BAD aspects...what about 70 degrees in NYC? :-)

Jimmy..

Reply to
Jimmy

It's not global warming. Just a weird jet stream. The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been recorded).

Reply to
nospam

Love the Stang! Lose the Z-28. ;) Nice car. Love the 100% stock look.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

Am I a close second?

'93 Cobra/120K miles (owned since '98)

removed air silencer

3.55s gears shortie headers C&L 73mm mass-air meter '91 GT A6L processor

It's crappy here in LA (lower AL). Lot's a rain this weekend.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Let hope so. But with rapidly increasing CO2 levels, loss of glacier/polar ice caps and the growing concensus among experts, things are looking ominous.

Caused by El Nino or La Nina, but we're not sure it their intensity/frequency have been changed by man's activities.

And the average gobal temperature continues to rise.

I know this doesn't account for much, but I do know SE Michigan's winters have been awfully wacky and warmer the last 20+ years. They don't get the cold/snow up there anymore like when I was a kid -- tons of snow, huge snow drifts, 30+ days of continuous below freezing temperatures, snow mobiles running all over the place, etc.-- that stuff doesn't happen anymore.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

At one time they said the Earth's axis was rotating which would cause change as well. What I dont get is that even if it were true what is to say the Earth wont take care of itself? I mean it gets hotter the water evaporates and turns into clouds, the clouds protect us from harmful sun rays and the temperature.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

maybee but my mustang 5.0 will still be running.......

Reply to
greg

Like I said, let's hope. But the signs seem to be indicating we're overloading the Earth's balancing system. (Can the Earth's system handle the huge escape of stored energy/oil and the massive clear cutting of forests in such a short [only 100+ years] period of time?) Add in human nature's tendancy to act only after things begin to directly affect our lives and you can see the potential for an unprecedented disaster. Especially when you factor in the difficulty of coordinating a global effort to turn things around, AND starting the effort before it's too late.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

Saw a documentary on PBS not too long ago on how the earth's magnetic structure is "reversing". Apparently this is something that goes on every few hundred or thousand years (forgot the time frame), but it's all part of the cycle.

Personally, I don't think we (mankind) have the power to destroy the earth. We're just not that strong compared to Mother Nature. We can certainly screw it up, but I believe it will prevail in the end. It'll be here long after we annihilate ourselves.

Reply to
Joe

Certainly the Earth has variations but they develop over 1,000s of years, but the global warming theory is based on recent variations that have happened extremely fast (less than a 100). And in the case of CO2, have risen to unprecedented levels.

Do you realize the power of our nukes? If enough of them go off, the rotation of the planet could be upset.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Probably right...going down to a not so balmy 28 degrees tonight! Oh well. At least saturday was a great day though. I'll take what I can get. Especially in January!

Reply to
Jimmy

Thanks.

Reply to
Jimmy

Looks pretty close to me!

*Just* got a call from my nephew. He's been wanting my mustang since..well...when I got it and he was a little kid! He's 19 now. I said no way (for various reasons posted to this newsgroup over the past about teenagers and these cars etc). He just got his OWN mustang. 1992 green and silver? (his description) Bone stock. No details as he wanted to tell me and get off the phone with me ASAP. I said "congratulations" and "PLEASE listen. Be very careful".....ugh
Reply to
Jimmy

Also, don't forget the medias tendency to blow things out of proportion and scare the living crap out of people. Like yesterday in NYC and "the gaseous smell" that was all over the news. I must have gotten 15-20 IM's from people around the country sitting in my office literally across the street from the WTC site. "Are you ok?" "What's going on there?" etc etc....look out the window and....NADA..ZILCH...normal traffic, rainy day...**nothing** out of the ordinary. But people from California, Florida sending IM's e-mails etc...the missus calls...what a joke. The media should be hung sometimes the way it plays up stories. Global warming is the filler scare story when they don't have a maniac being chased in California, an Avalanche in Colorado or a stinky subway in NYC (I mean it smells ANYWAY...now we NY're are connoisseurs of BAD smells? Gimme a break!) We may have a free media but MAN does it suck.....runaway brides...Brittny's got no panties...who gives a crap? Nevermind. Apparently millions do cause that's what sells. Fear and sex....

Reply to
Jimmy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1168313735.175913.105990 @v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Michigan's

difficulty

Didn't mean to trivialize global warming; just thought of the magnetic thing. As long as we're on the topic however, I think mankind is at the point where we all need something as powerful as a threat to the planet (i.e., global warming) so we all get our act together as a race. Only in that sense would global warming be good. The longer we wait, the more screwed up the planet will become until mankind itself becomes affected. 2 cents, of course.

Yeah, all the nukes are pretty powerful. But they're nothing compared to nature IMO. Not to get into religion and all, but I think it's presumptuous to assume that mankind can destroy the planet. We will destroy ourselves long before we come close to destroying the planet.

Reply to
Joe

On 7 Jan 2007 20:05:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com puked:

Sounds to me like a lost cause. Let's open up the pipes and rock and roll...

lab~rat >:-)