More Looks At Ford's Future Styling Direstion

The Iosis definately doesn't look anything like the new Ford 500, that's for sure. From some angles I like it, but others look chunky. (Picture 9 looks better than picture 10.) The back end is wide kinda like a 350Z. The front quarters and some side shots remind me of the RX-8. And I think there's a little Crossfire in the slope of the rear window. The 3/4 rear quarter view has some hint of the new Jag XK. But the straight-on front end view looks too high for my tastes and looks a little SUVish.

Here's my view: I say at least it's daring. Something that can't be said of the current Ford 500. But I can't say it's for me. It's a little too modern, swoopy... trying too hard to look futuristic. I'm a little more conservative... I'm much more a Chrysler 300 guy than a Mazda 6 guy. So my overall rating is a 6 out of 10. What's your score?

19 pictures in all. Take a look.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1125686046.232454.29060 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

chunky.

To me it looks like a variation on a current Lexus. Whatever, you can be sure it'll be pretty watered-down if it goes into production. Gull-wing doors? Don't think so.

Compared to Ford's current lineup it's downright radical. But compared to what else is on the road it's average.

A barely-warm 5.

Joe