Most memorable cars used in TV/movies...

I just watched a show on cnbc listing the 10 most memorable cars used in TV/Movies...

Of course #1 is no surprise... General Lee, the Dodge Charger from teh Dukes of Dazzard.

#2 and #3 are both classic Mustangs, #2 is Steve McQeen's ride in Bullitt and of course #3 is Eleanor from gone in 60 seconds. There's another Ford in the top ten somewhere, Starsky and Hutch's Ford Pinto. :-)

Some others are the batmobile, the Green Hornet car, Smokey & the Bandit's Trans Am, Bond's Aston Martin DB and Herbie teh VW beetle

Reply to
Paul

Which Eleanor? please tell me its not the one from the remake.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

While we are on the subject once again. Is the original worth renting? Sorry I have to ask, I wasn't around back then.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

I borrowed it from a friend. It's OK. I wouldn't buy it though.

Reply to
Scott Williams

I got both from Wal-Mart for $15.00.

Well worth the money.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Didn't Starsky & Hutch have a Torino?

Reply to
John

Maybe I could borrow yours ol' buddy ol' pal??

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to catch this. :-)

JS

Reply to
JS

- Site featuring movie and TV cars from "Bullitt"(1968 Mustang GT 390),Charlies Angels (1976 Mustang II Cobra), 1969 Charger R/T 440 from DirtyMary/Crazy Larry, 1973 Ford Mustang Mach I from "Gone in 60 Seconds" , 1970Challenger R/T 440 from Vanishing Point, 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertible fromthe TV show Nash Bridges and the 1976 Ford Gran Torino (460 V8) from the TVshow Starsky & Hutch.
for the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" (1974) featuring a 1973 Ford MustangMach I. The Mach I featured a stock 351W modified with a four-barrelcarburetor.

- Site featuring the 71 Mustang Mach I from the Bond movie "Diamonds areForever"

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

Don't forget the Clampett's truck!

mort

Paul wrote:

Reply to
Mort Guffman

Come get it. I have a little over 130 DVD's. Most are new releases with a few oldies thrown in.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Hel yeah its worth renting. That is unless you like fake lame ass crap like The Fast and the Furious with all its CG crap. There is a 45 minute car chase thats 100% real. Sure the acting is less than acadamey award winning, but thats not the point of the movie. Where else are you going to see a car chase with a tow truck hauling a car? The main character in the film was the director/actor/stuntman. He even broke his back in the big jump, which isn't big by today's fake hollywood stunts.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I knew it but since he had the ":)" after it I figured he was just fooling around.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Thats the one I was trying to remember last night. Anyone know if thats on DVD anywhere?

Anyone remeber which one came first Gator or White Lighting? I watched that with my dad years ago. I don't remember much other than Burt's charactor talking about the NASCAR engine in that he put in his car to out run the cops.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Starsky and Hutch had a Torino, not a Pinto...

"Paul" a écrit dans le message de news:Xns94C691B15B496parrotpapa@65.32.1.6...

Reply to
elmo

at 09 Apr 2004, John [mooresjc@charter(DELETE_THIS)mi.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

My bad! You are right...

Reply to
Paul

Just to clarify; Some cars are not what they appear to be or are made out to be. Nash Bridges cars were 440s and a 340 because a real convertible Hemi Cuda' is worth seven figures so they made clones. However, had the show lasted another season they intended to put a Hemi in one of the cars.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Moon Runners is another great one. That is where the Dukes of Hazzard spawned from.

Don Manning

I watched that

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Had to Google that one too. Gator(1976)& White Lighting(1973). Burt Reynolds is a Moonshine Runner in a full-size 2 door '71-'72 Ford Galaxie(XL?) / LTD... FE, or 385 engine? ... anyone know/have an idea?.

Good Ford flicks. More shows that will keep you guessing - auto or stick?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

And Moonrunners was 1975...the year I was born.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper