most popular colors

hi,

i was wondering what the most popular color for the classic's are. is there a web site for this?

thanks, peter

Reply to
picaza

Red and white.

Reply to
.boB

.boB opined in news:4213c810$0$39275$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

And this group is replicated on several web sites.. so..

there you are!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

What ever happened to brown? You don't see many brown cars anymore. I remember "metallic brown" was really big in the 70's.

Gumby '04GT

Reply to
Gumby

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Bell bottoms... "Afro" do's ... blousy open neck shirts and bangles type jewelry..platform shoes..

Just watch the Brady Bunch and Starsky and Hutch and figger out if you WANT that to be considered 'classic".

I dont. Except for some Rock efforts...(INCLUDING some stuff that was called 'Disco' at the time)

Spike opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Candy apple red seems to be the most popular to me judging by the classics being sold on eBay.

Reply to
John

Well, the paint colors for 1st generation Mustangs is featured at

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C featuring Calypso Coral paint @

Grover C. McCoury III

John opined in news:ROSQd.26823$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.lga:

Well if it's "candy apple red", it aint a "classic" in my opinion... unless it's a street rod, maybe.

I was there when it came and went... and in the sixties we had a saying in the mid-west

"That's California! First to get it, last to lose it"..

I had a buddy who drove his 58 vette to southern Cal and had it painted candy and Tuck'n'Rolled Naugahyde... says himself he ruined that car!

Check out a "cruise in sometime.. Columbus has a lot of them and while I no longer have a classic, I check 'em out. These guys are showing up with 57 BelAir 4 dr sedans which never WERE a 'classic" but have blue-dot lenses in the tailight lenses, and those were never seen in my locale after the fifties.. well, except in trailer parks.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Popularity and production figures aren't always what they seem. According to Kevin Marti's book for 67 to 73 Mustangs, the following years show the highest paint production figures:

1967 Lime Gold (I) 73,760 1968 Lime Gold (I) 42,724 1969 Candyapple Red (T) 38,118 1970 Med Alvacado Met (G) 24,838 1971 Lt Pewter Met (V) 17,513 1972 White (9A) 17,175 1973 Bright Red (2B) 14,827

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Backyard, There is a color called candy apple red. It's a stock color in '66. Therefore, it is classic.

Reply to
Mark C.

Lime gold? Med Avacado Met? White? Are we talking about cars or kitchens of the 60's? ;)

Reply to
.boB

Mark C. opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Oh...I remember now... lot of discussion over that, i recall.

It definitely WAS NOT the "Candy Apple" that came out of custom paint shops.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Which IIRC had the depth of about 20 coats of clear lacquer over the base.

Richard

'94 GT 'vert Under Drive Pulleys Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit High Stall Torque Converter

4:10 Gears Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded) FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft FRPP M5400-A Suspension Laser Red
Reply to
Richard

I was there too. My personal favorite is Acapulco Blue. Candy Apple Red was popular to some folks. A friend had a CAR '63 1/2 Galaxie with 427 and a toploader. Sweet! A few weeks ago I was looking at '69 Machs on eBay. I noticed at the time most of the listings had been changed to CAR, or Arrest Me Red. Personally, I wouldn't have CAR. It water spots like hell IIRC.

Reply to
John

FYI: Mustang paint color code "T", Candyapple Red, was available on the

1966-69 models.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a Calypso Coral 1970 Mach 1

351C @
Grover C. McCoury III

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:07:59 GMT, Backyard Mechanic wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well the 55,56,57 2-doors are getting harder & harder to find at a decent price or not hacked to shit. Ever seen a 4-door that someone has redone as a 2-door? They are beginning to show up. Lot of body work, put it is doable. For years I had a `57 that someone had converted into a drag racer, the original gas tank had been filled with sand to get some weight distribution. It had no mechanicals and the interior was gone except for the dash, gauges, steering wheel and an old style fiberglass shell racing seat. Damn thing sat in my backyard for years waiting for me to get around to it. About 2-years ago somebody stopped by and made me an offer I couldn't refuse on it. Doubt I would have ever got around to re doing it and it would have been expensive as hell. My plans were to drop a modern Corvette drivetrain into it. I had even bid on two totaled C-4's at an auction but lost when the price went out of my range.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:49:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Mike R) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Avocado ----------------Yeeeech!

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:43:34 -0700, ".boB" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ya know why the bride wears white?

So she'll be color coordinated with the Kitchen.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:05:00 -0500, "Gumby" puked:

There are a lot of brown PT Cruisers...

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat