mufflers, GT take-offs on a v6

Since I was asked a few weeks back and forgot, I finally put together a quick web page to show how I cut the hole for the left side pipe on my v6 to make room for my dual exhaust, the GT take-offs.

I cannot stress enough how much I don't like that template I found for marking where the cut should be. It's mentioned on the web page and here is the same link.

That pdf printed way to large. I can't remember how small I scaled it before I thought it would work, but even then it was a PITA to place on my bumper and tape in place in such a way that I would have been comfortable cutting up my car.

On a side note, I got my SCT programmer! Way cool! So far I've only used the 85 octane tune, and firmed up the shifts to the 15% setting. It shifts so much better now.

I love that thing! I will buy another for my next mustang.

I thought there was a performance tune and a gas mileage tune, this is not what the thing does. Instead it optimizes for 87, 89, or 91 octane. I don't know where I got the performance/mileage tune idea from.

I was hoping it would alter shift points, but it does not do that. My 2009 likes to shift into O/D at about 43 mph or so. Way too early! So it's not a big deal hitting the OD off button on the shifter. The 4th - O/D shift would be the only shift point I would have changed.

The SCT tuner is an excellent tool. Lots of settings to play with. I haven't had it long enough to check my mileage, but I'm pretty sure it's better.

I'm ready for my cold air intake now... Which will be delayed due to a new water heater, new garbage disposal, a new ceiling fan, and few bucks on paint. All put in last week.

Damn house.

Reply to
twk