Mustang Cloth interior care ????

Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

Here's my question. Just got a new GT with the cloth interior. Before anyone starts railing me for not getting the leather, I ordered it this way. The cloth in my opinion is more comfy than the leather and although I knew it would be harder to keep clean I opted for it anyway. I did get the dark charcoal so my ass print wouldn't show up as much ;-). Anyway I'm thinking down the road a bit when I need to clean a spot off this interior. Anyone have any opinions or recommendations regarding todays cleaners for this fabric?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Foglietta

1967 Pontiac GTO 2004 Mustang GT
Reply to
Jeff

Any car interior cleaner from walmart usually works.. just don't get the cheapest thing you can find. As for having a cloth interior... there are many times I wish I had a cloth interior. Leather is hot as hell in the summer & cold as hell in the winter... my back is always sweaty when the weather warms up.. and you don't hafta condition leather.. and you don't slip around as easily on cloth as you do leather :(.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Scotchguard or anything like it is good. I prefer to have it done by someone who specializes in car cleaning, rather than just buying a spraycan at the local hardware.

Reply to
Jafo

Acetone works great. Try as test spot first to make sure though. Many, many detail shops use this for spot removal on cloth interiors.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I have always used Scotchguard by 3M for cloth interiors over the years to protect it.

Martin

2002 GT 5spd
Reply to
Martin

I would use scotchgaurd, and unlike the other guys, would not really use something off the shelf. First, be sure that you keep the seats clean, if you wash your car, vacuum the seats. Keeping the crud from getting ground in is essential.

There is a company that sells professional detail products to shops. PRO car care. They have a product that costs about $11 a gallon, but it seriously dilutes 5 to1. This stuff WORKS. Not only on your seats, but on the carpet as well and isn't all perfumey.

For that matter, it makes a great all purpose cleaner in your house too... trust me.

"retired detailer" Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Would this magic Juice be called " ULTREX"....cuz that is what I used when I was detailing...if it is, just make sure you do infact dilute it.....and never I mean NEVER leave it sit....

Good Luck Rick

Reply to
Rick

No, this is called C49... You can let it sit, and it cleans exerything pretty safely. The ONLY thing I ever had it do to me was wash off the little white letters and "icons" on the control knobs. Fortunately it was on my old junker, so I learned not to do it on somepone elses car. Here's a link....

Kate

| > There is a company that sells professional detail products to shops. PRO | car | > care. They have a product that costs about $11 a gallon, but it seriously | > dilutes 5 to1. This stuff WORKS. Not only on your seats, but on the carpet | > as well and isn't all perfumey. | >

| > For that matter, it makes a great all purpose cleaner in your house too... | > trust me. | >

| > "retired detailer" | > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate